Zion's Weekly Announcement Archive
Did you miss a weekly announcement email? Weekly announcements are added on Thursdays. You may need to refresh your browser page if you do not see the latest announcements.
join our mailing list
- 09/16/2021 - Sunday 9/19: We are called to welcome the children God puts in front of us.
- 09/09/2021 - Sunday 9/12: Not only are we to control our speech, but what we say and how we say it are to reflect our faith.
- 09/02/2021 - Sunday 9/5: James tells us to stop showing favoritism in the assembly, treating the rich visitor with more honor than the poor one.
- 08/26/2021 - Sunday 8/29 [corrected]: Jesus protests against human customs being given the weight of divine law, while the essence of God’s law is ignored.
- 08/19/2021 - Sunday 8/22: We pray in the Spirit that we might be bold ambassadors of the gospel.
- 08/12/2021 - Sunday 8/15: Wisdom prepares a feast, sets her table, and invites all to come and eat her bread and drink her wine.
- 08/05/2021 - Sunday 8/8: The whole purpose of life is giving yourself for the other.
- 07/29/2021 - Sunday 8/1: As always in John’s gospel when people want a sign, Jesus offers himself.
- 07/22/2021 - Sunday 7/25: What we have, what we bring to Jesus’ table, seems like it is not nearly enough to meet all the needs we see around us.
- 07/15/2021 - Sunday 7/18: God can and will go with us wherever we are.
- 07/08/2021 - Sunday 7/11: We are called to witness to justice in company with the oppressed, and to proclaim God’s saving love.
- 07/01/2021 - PS Welcome Kristin!
- 07/01/2021 - Sunday 7/4: I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
- 06/24/2021 - Sunday 6/27: We dare to touch Jesus in our “uncleanness” and to live as a community that defines no one as an outsider.
- 06/17/2021 - Sunday 6/20: Now we are in the storm, the boat almost swamped; but Jesus is here now, and when we call him, he will calm the storm.
- 06/10/2021 - Sunday 6/13: The mustard seed becomes a great shrub that shelters the birds, recalling ancient images of the tree of life.
- 06/03/2021 - Sunday 6/6: A house divided against itself cannot stand.
- 05/27/2021 - Sunday 5/30: When we say God is the triune God, we are saying something about who God is beyond, before, and after the universe.
- 05/20/2021 - Sunday 5/23: Crossing all boundaries that would separate us, the Spirit brings the wideness of God’s mercy to places we least expect it.
- 05/13/2021 - Sunday 5/16: The gospel for Easter’s seventh Sunday always includes Jesus’ desire that his followers will be one as he and the Father are one.