Email Campaign Archive
from National Families in Action
join our mailing list
- 12/01/2021 - Cigarette dependence more prevalent among youthful marijuana users; Vaping linked to adverse biological changes that can cause disease; More
- 11/24/2021 - Happy Thanksgiving!
- 11/17/2021 - An Announcement
- 11/10/2021 - The man who declared war on the "war on drugs" declares war on the "war on tobacco," More
- 11/03/2021 - Marijuana, marijuana/alcohol traffic fatalities double nationwide; California dispensaries out of compliance with state laws that protect youth; More
- 10/27/2021 - Teen marijuana vaping jumps 7-fold between 2013 and 2020; 40 million Americans have a substance use disorder in 2020, double that of 2019; More
- 10/20/2021 - COVID-19 diagnoses 5 times more likely among youth who ever vaped, 7 times more likely among youth who ever vaped and ever smoked cigarettes; More
- 10/13/2021 - Now you can sell stickers and gift weed to customers without having to obtain a state license to operate a dispensary; More
- 10/06/2021 - Marijuana use linked with depression, anxiety, and serious mental illness in UK; Racial, ethnic differences in use found in MMJ states; More
- 09/29/2021 - CA prenatal marijuana use by pregnant women up 25% during COVID; Meth use, disorders, and overdoses soar; Psychedelics seem ubiquitous; More
- 09/22/2021 - Turns out legalization DOES increase teen use. CDC, FDA issue health warning on delta-8 THC. CDC explains what it is. Clip these for your libraries.
- 09/15/2021 - Are scientists missing the forest for the trees?
- 09/08/2021 - Recent marijuana use associated with heart attacks; E-cigs gateway to marijuana use too; FDA turns down 55,000 applications to market e-cigs; More
- 08/31/2021 - Daily marijuana use at ages 15-17 associated with 6-fold risk of pre-term births and low birthweights when boys or girls become parents later.
- 08/25/2021 - Ask your US Rep and Senators to oppose the federal CAOA. It's missing 24 provisions to protect the health of young people. See them here.
- 08/18/2021 - Did Trulieve conspire with a former state legislator to shut out competitors when medical marijuana was first legalized in Florida? More.
- 08/11/2021 - ONE use of an e-cigarette can damage immune cells; More
- 08/04/2021 - Children exposed to 2nd-hand marijuana smoke may have more respiratory infections; Tobacco giant: MJ part of our future; Does TikTok push vaping?
- 07/28/2021 - More evidence that marijuana can cause schizophrenia; It turns out that marijuana may actually be a gateway drug; More
- 07/21/2021 - Juul bought out medical journal for $51K: E-cig maker sponsored nearly a dozen studies, took over journal as it awaits FDA ruling