We have added some mods to the Minecraft U server pack, but make it even easier to get set up to play on the MCU server. Instructions on the forum and below:
The current server version is: 1.7.10
Why we're doing this update
We've updated some of our mods, most importantly ComputerCraft. We've also added several quality of life mods that you will see when you download the pack.
I Already Have MultiMC, What Do I Do?
If you can already hop on the MCU Sequences server (the main server) and play, you're most of the way there. Please skip to step TWO.
Step One: MultiMC
First we'll want to install MultiMC, a program that makes it easy to install mods and the mod loader.
Step Two: Making The MCU Instance
- Navigate to the MultiMC website1 and find the download link for your OS. There are versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Once you've downloaded the correct version, open that file. On most platforms, this is as simple as double clicking it.
- This will display a folder called
MultiMC. Drag and drop this folder to extract it to somewhere safe. Choose carefully, as this will be the place your Minecraft game will be installed to.
- Open the folder you just extracted and double click on
MultiMC.exe (on Mac, drag and drop to install it like any other app).
- You will be greeted with a window asking you to select your Java version, if you have more than one. Select the one with the highest number under the
Arch column, and click
- You are now in the main window of MultiMC!
MultiMC is a program that lets you handle different versions of Minecraft, and different sets of mods, very easily.
- Look in the top left of the main MultiMC window for the
Create New Instance button, and click it.
- In the name box, type in
Minecraft U 1.7.0 Opal.
- In the window that appears, look for the checkbox marked
Import Modpack, and click it.
- Paste or type in this URL into the area next to the checkbox.
- Now just click OK.
Congrats! You are now on the most up to date version of the Minecraft U mod pack, and can play on our moderated servers, or alone.
Just double click the new icon in the instances area of MultiMC to start playing!