Making Headlines: An Update from the College Office
The College Office enjoyed meeting with many families over the course of Parents' Weekend. We gave short class-specific presentations to senior parents, junior parents, and freshmen and sophomore parents.
For freshmen and sophomore parents who missed the presentation and are curious about the content covered, please visit our Mailings page to view a summary. For senior and junior parents, all relevant information is also posted on the Mailings page and you should feel free to communicate directly with your child's college counselor with any questions.
-The College Office
- October 27: ACTs (Class I)
- October 28: Practice SATs and ACTs (Class I & II), 9am
- October 29:All School Chapel (required), 7-8pm
- October 30: Class IV Choices, 7-8:30pm; New members of Class II mindfulness, 7:30-8:15pm
- October 31: Halloween Spooktacular, 9:30am, Stu-Fac; Class I Leadership meeting, 7:30-8:30pm
- November 2: Special academic schedule – games in afternoon
- November 3: SATs (Class I)
- November 6: Class IV Choices, 7-8:30pm; New members of Class II mindfulness, 7:30-8:15pm
- November 8: Diwali; Special academic schedule – No L Block, Advisor meetings 2:25-3:30pm; Fall Play, ThRink
- November 9: Fall Play, ThRink
Announcements and Reminders
- Fall Sports photos are now posted!
ORDERING PERIOD: Order must be submitted by Friday, November 2, 2018.
HOW TO VIEW PHOTOS:
Select: Your athletes team - Please note - all Middlesex folders begin with "mss"
Select your athlete's image (Please do not select the team photo)
HOW TO ORDER A PACKAGE:
Select Order Prints/Products
Select the Package
Print Size and Customization options
Add to Cart
Continue Shopping or Check Out
PACKAGES: Be sure to select your athlete's image when ordering a package. The official team photo is included in all packages. The content of a package cannot be changed
DELIVERY O F YOUR ORDER: All Middlesex orders are processed together. Please expect delivery 2-3 weeks after the ordering deadline.
If you have any question, please contact Janet Carmichael Ciummei at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to illness, the faculty music recital scheduled for Sunday, November 28th, has been cancelled. When another date has been confirmed, we will make an announcement in the POND.
Join us for the Middlesex Fall Play, The Visit, on November 8th and 9th!
- From the Director of Multicultural & Community Development, Pascale Musto: This fall the Middlesex community service program continues partnering with Heading Home, a Boston-based nonprofit that moves homeless families into permanent housing through a program called Up-and-Out moves. Middlesex volunteers collect furniture and other home goods, and then will move them into the family's new home. On move-in day, after the group has finished setting up the apartment, the family arrives, and the Middlesex volunteers have a chance to greet them as they walk into their new home for the first time. It is a rewarding experience for all. You can get involved and support this effort by clicking here to access the family’s Amazon gift registry and select items to outfit their new home. The items will be shipped to Middlesex and then assembled at the home on November 4th. Thank you in advance to all the Middlesex families who have and will support this worthy cause!
To access the Amazon gift registry please click on the Heading home link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2ABF60ZA8BCTB
- On October 26th, Middlesex will be offering optional cardiac screenings for our students. The screenings are in conjunction with Mass Heartbeat and will take just five minutes. For your child to participate, please register online here. You can also find out more information by watching this video from Mass HeartBeat’s website.
From the MPA
Calling all Volunteers! The MX MPA is again hosting the MX HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR! On Tuesday evening October 30th from 7pm-9pm, MX parents will decorate StuFac for this All School Event being held on Wednesday, October 31st from 9:15-10:15am. We need help with decorating, halloween-themed food, drinks, set-up and clean-up.
Please visit here: Decoration Set-Up and/or here: Food & Drink Sign-Up to help in any way you can! For specific questions or additional information, please email Kim Page at email@example.com.
During the school year, the MPA has Saturday morning meetings that present key information for current parents. Parents are encouraged to attend in person or to view the electronic broadcast of each meeting. The meeting dates for the 2018-2019 year are as follows:
- November 17, 10:00am-11:30am - Barron Room, Ware Hall
- January 19, 10:00am-11:30am - Barron Room, Ware Hall
- April 13, 10:00am-11:30am – Barron Room, Ware Hall