Making Headlines: Spring Sports Photos
Spring Sports photos are posted!
ORDERING PERIOD: Orders are due by Monday, May 20th.
DELIVERY OF YOUR ORDER: All Middlesex orders are processed together. Please expect delivery approximately three weeks after the ordering deadline.
*****If you need expedited delivery because your order is being shipped to the school, you will need to do the following:
1. Order by May 14th
2. Send us an email as soon as you place your order, letting us know delivery is time sensitive.
HOW TO ORDER A PACKAGE:
- Select your athlete's inidividual image. (We cannot process orders without knowing your individual athlete's image number)
- Select Order Prints/Products
- Select the Package you wish to order
- Select Team Print Size and Customization options (The Official team image is included in packages)
- Add to Cart
- Continue Shopping or Check Out
*Package content cannot be changed.
PHOTO ACCESS INFO:
Select: Choose your athlete's team - All Middlesex folders begin with "mss"
**** PLEASE NOTE: Individual images of athletes are available as a part of a package.
If you have any questions, please contact Janet Carmichael Ciummei at email@example.com
Janet Carmichael Ciummei
Northeast Pro Photo
- May 6-17: AP Exams
- May 7: Class III Chapel/Event (required) 6:30-7:30pm
- May 10-11: Alumni Weekend
- May 12: Practice SATs (Classes II, III, and IV), 9am, Barron Room; Project Impact, 6-9pm, Wrestling Room
- May 13: Class IV Chapel / Event (required), 6:30-7:30pm
- May 17: Class dinners, 6:00pm: I-Circle, II-next to Chapel (rain=Ware), III-StuFac, IV-Landry Center Spring Instrumental Concert, 8:00pm, Recital Hall
- May 19: Sunday Spring Carnival; Project Impact 6:00-9:00pm, Wrestling Room
- May 20: Community Life Dinners, 6:30-8:00pm; Study hours, 8:00-10:00pm Theatre 90 Production: Almost Maine , 8:00pm, Fortmiller Studio Theatre
- May 21: Special academic schedule - Faculty / Staff Farewell Chapel, 2:20pm; Last day of classes for Class I; Spring Recital, 6:15pm, Recital Hall
- May 22: AP Exam makeup day; Exams for members of Class I in required courses; UPS summer shipping and storage containers for sale, 11:30am-1:30pm; Green Rooms, 8:45pm, Fortmiller Studio Theater
- May 23: AP Exam makeup day; Big trash pickup, 8:00-10:00am; Class I Community Service Day; Spring Recital, 6:15pm, Recital Hall
- May 24: No classes – Reading Day Classes II-IV; AP Exam makeup day; Class I Event, 11:30am-1:30pm; UPS summer shipping and storage containers for sale, 11:30am-1:30pm; Book Buyback, noon-4:00pm, 1994 Room; Thoreau Recital, 7:30pm, Recital Hall; Thoreau AP Art Exhibition opening, Ishibashi Gallery, 9:00pm
- Spring Exam Schedule
- Graduation Schedule
Announcements and Reminders
- From the Director of Multicultural & Community Development, Pascale Musto: Each year, the Middlesex community service program collaborates with Heading Home, a Boston-based nonprofit organization that transitions homeless families into stable housing through a program called Up-and-Out moves. To help facilitate this move we are looking for your assistance. Leading into exam week, we are offering care packages for students. The packages are designed to provide elements of whimsy and sugar during the final assessment period of the academic year. Your care package will not only provide students with a pleasant surprise and a nice break from studying, but it will also help a family move into a stable housing unit next fall. If you wish to order a care package please click here, and the package will be delivered to them during exam week. For seniors, the care packages will be delivered the week prior to graduation Thank you for your continued support!
Join us for a music recital! Voice faculty member, Pamela Murray, and Pierson Wetzel will perform a song cycle by former music faculty member, Mark Kross. Sunday, May 12th, 3-3:40. Reception to follow
- Boarding Families – UPS storage/shipping
To all our boarding student families, will be on campus May 26th, 24th, and 29th to facilitate packing and shipping supplies as well as storage options for interested students. Please coordinate with your student if you would like to use this optional service. The UPS Store Concord website has further details specific to charges for . The cost structure is listed below briefly, and returning underclassmen will have the option to charge their school accounts for the expense. For further questions, please contact The UPS Store Concord directly at 978-369-5570.
- CONTAINER & BOX PRICES
|Small box 18x13x9.5
|Medium box 20x15x15
|Large box 24x18x18
|Roll of Shipping Tape
|Roll of Bubble Wrap
|Bag of Packing Peanuts
- Great news from the Alumni Office regarding a program you may know about called AmazonSmile: http://smile.amazon.com/about.
This was brought to our attention by a current MX Freshman, as a great way to support Middlesex. We already offered him an internship! If you aren't familiar with AmazonSmile, it is a website operated by Amazon holding the same products with the same prices, but the key difference being: it will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to a charitable organization of your choice. You will see eligible products marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" on their product detail pages. AmazonSmile is a great way to redirect .05% of the money you already spend at Amazon, to Middlesex! It’s easy to setup. On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you will be prompted to select a charitable organization (you can type in Middlesex School and it will come up). In order for the 0.5% to go towards a charity, you must always log into Amazon via: smile.amazon.com. You can also change your charitable organization at any time. For more information about AmazonSmile program, go to: http://smile.amazon.com/about. Thanks so much! Please contact Kelsey in the Alumni Office at (978) 371-6508 with any questions.
From the MPA
Upcoming parent volunteer opportunities:
Senior Parents: On Friday, May 17th at 6pm, The senior BBQ dinner will be on the Circle. This is a really fun, end-of-the-year (can you believe it??!) MX tradition and the kids really enjoy the relaxing, special meal outside with their classmates. MX’s Flik dining services will provide the seniors with a special BBQ entree and sides, and we are hoping that our parent volunteers can reinforce the BBQ meal with individual bags of chips, cans/bottles of fun drinks, desserts, perhaps some "goody bag" type treats to take back with them as they study, “field day” type games like nerf balls, whiffle ball sets, bubbles, and of course any other items as you see fit… Please, no peanuts or tree nuts or any products that “may contain” nuts.
Please click on the google doc sign-up link, below, if you can provide food, beverage, a field day game donation and/or come help at the BBQ. Parents are welcome to come help set up, serve, and/or clean up. (It’s really fun and easy!) We are also accepting monetary donations if it’s easier for you to donate funds and have local parents purchase and bring your donation.
Thank you so much, and don’t hesitate to contact any of us with your thoughts/suggestions! Happy spring, and we hope to see you soon,
Your MX MPA senior “Parent Reps” Julie McKenna (firstname.lastname@example.org), Leenam Dalal (email@example.com), Patty Cloherty (firstname.lastname@example.org), Francine Flynn (email@example.com)
Junior Parents: The Junior class BBQ will take place on Friday May 18 at 6PM, next to the Chapel (or in Ware Hall if it rains). MX’s Flik dining services will provide the BBQ meal itself and we are hoping that our parent volunteers can reinforce the BBQ theme with individual bags of chips or snacks, cans/bottles of fun drinks, homemade desserts and “field day” type games like Frisbees, nerf balls, whiffle ball sets, bubbles, and of course any other items as you see fit… Please, no peanuts or tree nuts or any products that “may contain” nuts. Please click on the google doc sign-up link, below if you can provide food, beverages or field day game donations and/or come help at the BBQ. Parents are welcome to come help set up, serve, and/or clean up. (It’s really fun and easy!)
MX Junior Class BBQ - Friday May 17, 2019 at 6 pm
Sophomore Parents: Our next MPA-sponsored social event is the end of the year Sophomore Class BBQ, on Friday, May 17th at 6pm on the lawn outside of StuFac. This is a really fun, end-of-the-year MX tradition and the kids really enjoy the relaxing, special meal outside with their classmates. MX’s Flik dining services will provide the BBQ meal itself and the parent reps are organizing an ice cream/sundae bar for dessert. Please click on the google doc sign-up link, below, if you can provide sundae toppings, beverages or field day game donations (frisbee, nerf balls, wiffle ball, large wand bubbles) and/or come help at the BBQ. Please, no peanuts or tree nuts or any products that “may contain” nuts. Parents are welcome to come help set up, serve, and/or clean up. (It’s really fun and easy!) We are also accepting monetary donations if it’s easier for you to donate funds and have local parents purchase and bring your donation. If you have any questions, please contact Joy McCallum, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freshman Parents -- Two volunteer opportunities:
Monday May 13th is the Freshman Ice Cream Social and we are looking for a few volunteers to help out. It's a great way to meet some freshmen parents, and even some freshmen. The Ice Cream Social will start just before 7pm (immediately following the 6:30 pm freshmen class chapel) and will take place in StuFac. We will purchase (from our MPA budget) several large tubs of Bedford Farms ice cream and sorbet, and we hope to get all toppings donated by parents. Please click on the Signup Genius link below if you can provide an ice cream sundae topping donation and/or help scoop ice cream. Donations can include sprinkles, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, mini marshmallows, crumbled cookies… the possibilities are endless! Please, no peanuts or tree nuts or any products that “may contain” nuts.
Friday May 17th at 6pm, the freshmen class will have a BBQ dinner in the Landry Center Courtyard. MX’s Flik dining services will provide the BBQ meal itself, and we are hoping that our parent volunteers can reinforce the BBQ theme with individual bags of chips or snacks, cans/bottles of fun drinks, desserts. Please, no peanuts or tree nuts or any products that “may contain” nuts. In addition, it would be great to have some “field day” types games like Frisbees, nerf balls, whiffle ball sets, bubbles and any other items you see fit. Please click on the Signup Genius link below if you can provide donations and/or come help at the BBQ. Parents are welcome to help set up, serve and clean up. It’s fun, easy and a great way to meet some of your student’s classmates!
Thank you! Your MX MPA Freshman Parent Reps, Marcella Boelhouwer, email@example.com, Jennifer Ewing, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jessica Kennedy, email@example.com, Jody O’Malley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming MPA Events:
- Monday, May 13 - Freshman Ice Cream Social - 6:55pm, StuFac
- Friday, May 17 - Class Dinners, 6:00pm
Ishibashi Art Gallery Unveils Inaugural Exhibition
In our new Bass Arts Pavilion, the Ishibashi Gallery has unveiled its inaugural exhibition: “We Are Open” by Rachel Perry ’80