Making Headlines: Spring Exam Schedule
The spring cumulative exam schedule is now posted. You can find it on the Parents’ Page of the MX website. Please do not make travel arrangements that interfere with the exam schedule. For students that are unable to depart on Friday due to the exam schedule or are taking SAT Subject test on Saturday, please know that the dorms are open until Saturday to accommodate later departures for those students.
- April 23: All School Chapel (required), 7-8pm
- April 27: Campus weekend for Prom attendees; Senior Prom followed by senior breakfast
- April 28: Practice SATs (Classes II, III & IV), 9am, Barron Room; Project Impact, 6-9pm, Wrestling Room
- May 3: Kiss Me Kate, 8pm, Theatre
- May 4: SATs (Class II); Kiss Me Kate, 8pm, Theatre
Announcements and Reminders
- Middlesex’s Campuses Against Cancer club will be holding their third annual memorial walk fundraiser for the American Cancer society. Through the help of alumni, parent donations, and student participation the club is hoping to reach a $5000 goal. Please click this donation link to find out more about the club and the fundraiser!
- Greetings from The School Store!
The spring season is fast approaching and that means we are thinking "Graduation" here at the store!!
For those that may be interested, diploma frames are back again.
Quality wood frames with customized matting and glass accurately sized for the Middlesex diploma (14"x17"). A perfect graduation gift, frames come ready to hang with easy mounting instructions.
Black and gold double matting with an embossed Middlesex shield, available in two frame options: Dark Cherry or Light Walnut.
Due to varying shipping expenses, please contact the School Store to place an order (firstname.lastname@example.org 978-371-6543).
Frame photos and details, as well as other gifts and apparel can be found at our online store:
Frames cost $86 plus shipping (average shipping cost about $25, depending on location)
Frames can also be picked up directly from the School Store to avoid a shipping charge.
- Please note that beginning April 22nd, the segment of the Concord Turnpike connecting Route 2 to Concord center will be closed for construction. More information and a detour map can be found at the Town of Concord’s website: https://www.concordma.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=654
- On April 23, 2019, starting at 9:00am EST, we will host our first ever 24-hour Giving Day, MXGIVES. Our goal is to inspire 350 donors to make a gift to the Annual Fund in the 24 hours.
Our campaign will be live at http://www.mxschool.edu/mxgives/ to check for updates. We hope you will follow along and, if you haven’t already, consider making a gift to the Annual Fund!
#MXGIVES…so the traditions continue!
Middlesex Senior Prom is coming up SOON! April 27th to be exact. Some details for prepping for Prom:
Thursday APRIL 18th from 11:45am to 1:30pm - Both Bonardi's Formalwear and Copper Penny Flowers will be on campus ( in ware hall) to take orders.
Bonardi's does tux rentals. They will come and take measurements on 18th and bring different styles and colors to choose from. Orders need to be paid for on the 18th by card. Bonardi's then puts together suit orders ( with shoes if ordered) and DELIVERS them FREE OF CHARGE to Middlesex on Wednesday the 24th. Between Wednesday the 24th and Friday the 26th, adjustments to tux pieces should be reported to Bonardi’s directly or to Anna Marchand. On Friday evening Anna will make exchanges with Bonardi’s. BONARDI's also will come back to campus and PICK UP the tuxes FREE OF CHARGE a few days after prom.
Copper Penny Flowers will take order for boutonniere and corsages. Again they will be on campus on the 18th.Orders need to be paid for on the 18th by card. Copper Penny Flowers will put together the order and bring it to campus on the 27th and be right at the circle so you don’t have to worry about getting to town to pick anything up.
Prom "tickets" have been $200 the last few years but we may come in a little under that price this year - which would be great! I will send an update when we have better idea of prom attendance. Sometimes people want to pay for their date’s ticket, if that is the case, please let Anna Marchand know. If you have questions about ticket prices- please feel free to reach out to Anna Marchand or Terry Cunningham in the business office.
Details for the 27th:
Prom will be held at Fruitland Museum in Harvard, MA.
While parents are not invited to prom, pictures on the circle before prom go-ers get on the bus is a wonderful time for family and friends to take part in the prom experience. If you are coming to campus, please don’t park on the circle as it makes it too challenging for our buses. (It also makes for better pictures).
All students attending the prom must take the bus from campus to Fruitlands and must return to campus on the bus afterwards. The buses will be back on campus around 11pm. Seniors will have a senior breakfast in the Terry Room following prom. Underclassman attending prom will need to check into dorms or be picked up by a parent upon returning to campus. Day students may stay over in the dorms with proper permissions. Senior breakfast will run from 11pm to 12am/12:30am. Boarders will check into the dorms afterwards and day students not staying on campus will need to be picked up as they are not allowed to drive themselves home that evening.
Prom questions can be sent to Anna Marchand by email (email@example.com) or by phone (978.371.6592)
From the MPA
- A recording of last week's MPA meeting can be viewed online here.
- Attention Junior Parents: We need your help! We are in need of more volunteers to help out at the Prom Breakfast on April 27. The good news is it should be starting a bit earlier this year since the Prom ends at 10:30. This is a great event for dads to volunteer as we need several helpers to run the carnival games. It's always a fun evening so please consider helping out (approximately 10:15pm - 12:15am).
Please sign up to volunteer at: Middlesex Prom Breakfast Sign up Genius
- Attention Senior Parents: We are still looking for donations to purchase prizes for the senior raffle at the Prom Breakfast. All raffle items are purchased with donations from senior parents. Please make checks payable to “Middlesex School” with “Senior Prom Raffle” in the memo line. In the unlikely event that we do not use all the donations they will be put in the MPA account for future occasions. Please send checks, gift cards, or actual prize donations to: Christine Cunningham 31 Burroughs Road Lexington MA 02420
Any questions? Contact any Junior class MPA Rep: Carrie Finke at firstname.lastname@example.org Jody O'Malley at email@example.com Christine Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Gelormini at email@example.com