|Dear <<First Name>>,
Welcome to the 6th edition of the new AustStab newsletter, eStab.
October has been a period of review and consolidation for AustStab. During this month:
* Our 2012 - 2013 training calendar was confirmed with the Centre for Pavement Engineering Education (CPEE);
* On 23 24 October in Melbourne I will be delivering the third course in conjunction with Bob Andrews (CPEE) Registrations are being finalised NOW;
Click Here for VERY last minute registrations http://www.auststab.com.au/seminars/2012_workshops/Melbourne_brochure.pdf
* The Victorians were actively involved in networking through the CCF Alliance in Victoria;
Members Only Area - Intranet
Members are reminded that additional information is available in the members only area of the website - Intranet.
The members only area is password restricted. The members only area is the location of other reports, minutes of meetings and presentations. Members should make a point of logging in frequently to this area to see the latest member only news. The password has recently changed.
Members were shown the Intranet area at the recent conference by Leah Fisher, Regional Manager.
The minutes from the 2012 AGM will be available in this area after Wednesday. Thanks Winnie!
To email the obtain the password for members only click here.
Member Profile - Geotechnical and Consultant Members
AustStab is fortunate to have 11 geotechnical and consultant members registered. These members are:
Aitken Rowing Testing Laboratories
Allan Bowman and Associates
Coffey Pty Ltd
Earthworks Training and Assessment
Paul Ross and Associates
University of Western Australia
Geotechnical and consultant members are involved in working groups such as the standards working group and represent AustStab with other external bodies such as Standards Australia reviews and Austroads reviews. These members have a variety of design, testing and training experience.
What testing should be done on site?
When the contractor arrives on site there is a variety of testing that should be completed. This testing includes:
* Verification of the spread rates (powder binders);
* Testing of fully slaking of lime;
* Testing for effective operation of equipment (such as nozzles for foamed bitumen);
* Testing for effective material characteristics (foamed bitumen);
* Compaction testing; and
More information about the testing associated with pavement construction is available in Section 12 of the Guide. Copies of the Guide are available by clicking here.
Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) is a Victorian CCF alliance partner of AustStab. Did you know about the smartphone app available for DBYD? The app allows registered members to submit a request for information on underground infrastructure from all Utiliites from any location in Australia, and other services. It is worth checking out for AustStab members with smartphones.
Chief Executive Officer - AustStab
• Promote the stabilisation and road recycling industry • Educate and train people in the industry • Set national standards of performance • Assist and coordinate research