Dear Otterdale Families and Alumni:
The countdown is on for our Otterdale 60th Anniversary celebration! Plans are in place! We have a good group of registrations to date. If you haven't had a chance to contact a camp friend and register....stop procrastinating! Sign-up on the website. Get ready to reconnect with friends, and to enjoy some camp activities.
I have included an overview schedule and a few thoughts. Hope to see you soon.
Who is invited?
Friday afternoon and evening are reserved for current and alumni staff who will be preparing camp and programs for the next day. The focus on Saturday is to celebrate our 60 years of camping with a "Camp Day". Parents, campers, staff (past and current) are all welcome to enjoy a typical day at camp. "Typical" with activities, meals, songs, skits and more.
Who's running this show?
The weekend is being hosted by the amazing 2015 staff and some equally amazing staff alumni.
Food/Diet issue...no problem.
After you register, just let us know via email if you have any dietary requirements and we will make it work.
Can't make it?
Even if you can't make the reunion, we would love to hear from you. Send along an email note or letter with a camp reflection or two, and with what you are doing. We will post it in Harrison Hall to share.
Friday August 28: "Getting Ready"
Who/What: Current and alumni staff preparing Otterdale for our Camp Day/Reunion.
What to Bring: Photos, Mementos, Stories, Musical Instruments,
Time Event Notes
12:00 Early Arrival Check in with the Leadership Team.
1:00 Lunch Buffet
Chores and Set-up
4:00 Arrival Check in with Leadership Team
Meet and Greet
Team Building and Camp Day Set-Up
6:00 Dinner Bar BQ
7:00 Rec Time/Final Preps Waterfront Fun
9:00 Evening Program Hockey Night in Lombardy
10:30 Snacks and Chill
Not too Late Lights Out
Saturday August 29: "Camp Day"
Who/What: All campers, camper parents, alumni staff are all welcome to enjoy a typical day at camp hosted by 2015 staff and recent staff alumni.
Time Event Notes
9:00-9:30 Registration Drama/Music Building
Welcome and Opening
10:00-12:30 Camp Activities
1:00 Lunch Subs and Singsong
2:00 Rest Hour Should happen everyday!
3:00 Camp Activities
5:00 Big Easy Entertainment
6:00 Classic Dinner Spaghetti
7:30 Evening Program TBD
Closing Camp Fire
Sunday August 30: "Wrap-up and Look Ahead"
Time Event Notes
7:30 Early raisers coffee
9:00 Wake up and Polar Bear
9:45 Flag Raising and Thoughts of the Day
1:00 Planning group meeting to discuss future events/Free time.
Extra Extra Ticker Tape Notes:
- Please bring along................ Photos, Mementos, Stories, Musical Instruments
- Activities will include: Canoeing, Kayaking, Sailing, Swimming, Arts and Crafts, Water Skiing, Archery, Climbing, Cycling, Jamming, and of course, Extreme Leisure Sports.
- Check out our Wood fired Oven down by the Sugar Shack! "Make your own Pizzas" are on the menu all Saturday afternoon!
- Your Otterdale Tuc Shop will be open for business! Sweatshirts, hats and a whole bunch of items is available! Don't forget some maple syrup!
- We are raffling off an Otterdale basket of goodies including maple syrup, Otterdale clothing and a few "camp" items to raise money for our "Kids at Camp" program.
- Drop by Tanglewood to sign your name on the 60th Anniversary Paddle, and make a "wish" bracelet while you're at it!
For more information:
Telephone: (613) 284-2700