This event will feature:
- Australia’s Ambassador to ASEAN, Simon Merrifield
- Australia’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Bill Tweddell
- Australia’s Ambassador to Thailand, Paul Robilliard
- Australia’s Ambassador to Myanmar, Nicholas Coppel
- Australia’s High Commissioner to Malaysia, Rod Smith
- Senior Trade Commissioners from the region
Details of the event are as follows:
- Friday 11 September 2015
- 3.00 – 4.30 followed by networking drinks
- Supper Room, Melbourne Town Hall
Over 11,500 Australian companies export to the ASEAN region. Collective Australia-ASEAN two-way trade surpassed $100 billion in 2014. Australian investment in the region has nearly quadrupled over the past 10 years to $195 billion in 2014.
This business seminar gives you the opportunity to talk with Australia’s top diplomats and Senior Trade Commissioners in ASEAN who will outline the opportunities and challenges presented by the region. As you are probably aware, Malaysia is the ASEAN Chair for 2015. With the declaration of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) at the end of 2015, it will be important for Australian companies to start thinking of ASEAN as a single region, and to access these opportunities through Malaysia.
There is no charge to attend this event but registration is essential.
Please register via Eventbrite by following the link below:
Felix Wong GAICD