CATEGORY CIRCUIT BREAKER ACTION (5 DAYS) 11:59pm Friday 12 February to 11:59pm Wednesday 17 February
Stay at home unless:
• Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required)
• Caregiving or compassionate reasons
• Essential work or permitted education
• Exercise (can leave for two hours of exercise)
• Other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
• Intrastate travel: travel limit of 5km from place of primary residence
• Must be carried at all times
• Must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or if an exemption applies
Private gatherings: Not permitted. Intimate partner visits are allowed.
Public gatherings: Not permitted (two people for exercise, or members of your household)
Work: If you can work from home, you must work from home. Essential workers and workplaces defined below Education and childcare
Early learning centres, childcare, family day care: Open
School: Schools closed but open for vulnerable children and the children of essential workers
Higher education and training: Closed, remote learning only
Ceremonies and religious gatherings
Religious gatherings and ceremonies: No in-person gatherings permitted. Broadcast permitted Funerals
Funerals (indoor and outdoor): Involves no more than 10 people (and those necessary to conduct the funeral) Weddings (indoor and outdoor): Not permitted unless end of life or other exceptional reasons. Involves only 5 persons (including the two persons being married, celebrant, two witnesses)
Play centres, indoor skateparks, indoor trampolining centres: Closed
Outdoor physical recreation & sport: Closed
Outdoor playgrounds remain open Swimming pools, hydrotherapy pools, spas, saunas, steam rooms, springs: Closed
Community Facilities: Closed unless hosting an essential public support service
Creative Studios: Closed
Entertainment and Leisure When an entertainment or leisure facility hosts an activity which fulfils the definition of a one-off public event, the Restricted Activity Directions allow for organisers to apply for their activity to be considered under the Public Events Framework (PEF): Closed.
Except professional athletes are defined as essential workers, venues hosting professional sporting competitions can open, with essential staff attending to ensure the safe running of the event. No spectators.
Essential retail: Open, DQ 1 per 4sqm
Other/general retail: Closed
Auction houses: Closed
Hairdressing, beauty, personal care: Closed
Hospitality: Open for takeaway only
Accommodation: Closed unless for permitted reasons, or shelter in place. No new bookings.
Real estate services: Inspections: Closed, Auctions: Closed. Online only, conditions apply.
Tourism spaces: Closed
Tour transport: Closed
• No visitors are permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life reasons
• Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry Hospital Visitors
• No visitors are permitted into health care settings, except for end-of-life reasons, as a support partner for birth, or a parent to accompany a child
• Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry
Visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for more information.