2nd Quarter 2014 Newsletter
Mission of Women's Council of REALTORS®
We are a network of successful REALTORS®, advancing women as professionals and leaders in business, the industry and the communities we serve.
A Message from our
President, Sharon Morton ...
Wow! 2014 has been flying by at warp speed! WCR Texas has been super busy during the first half of the year! In May we celebrated our success from 2013 at our National Awards Banquet with State taking the honor of National Mega State Chapter of the Year and the San Antonio Chapter being awarded National Mega Local Chapter of the Year…two awesome achievements. To add to those awards, our Local Chapters achieved 19-Gold Excellence Awards and 3-Silver Excellence Awards! We CELEBRATE all of the Chapters for their awards - they are recognized further within this newsletter.
More CELEBRATIONS and congratulations are in order for our Chapters who are leading the State in the Membership Recruiting and Retention contest. See our “Celebration Time” listing within the newsletter of all of these Chapters! You still have time to be in the “winner’s circle” by increasing your membership for the months of July and August. All Chapters will be recognized at our “Bring It On” event on Thursday, September 4th at our State Meeting.
Our two newest Chapters, Central Texas and Brazos Valley, celebrated their 1-year Birthday as well. Reach out to these Chapters and let them know how much we appreciate their contributions to our organization.
Our Nominating Committee met on June 16th to interview candidates for the 2015 State Officer Positions. The Slated Candidates are shown within this newsletter. Congratulations to these members who consented to serve and have committed to leadership positions for Texas Women’s Council!
We have a lot of planning currently in process for our State Conference in September! We are bringing Education full of business building skills as well as ways to enhance your Chapter:
- Thursday, September 4th: WCR “Bring It On” event at the Little Red Barn 7:00 – 10:00 pm. Make sure to purchase your Tickets when registering with TAR. NO tickets will be sold at the door!
- Friday, September 5th: WCR Conference Welcome 8:00 am - 8:30 am; Education Sessions 8:30 am – 12 Noon; Committee Meetings 12 Noon - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, September 6th: WCR Governing Board Meeting check-in at 7:00 am; Meeting and Elections from 7:30 am – 11:30; WCR Installation Luncheon 12 noon – 1:30 pm…Don’t forget to purchase your tickets when registering with TAR;
- TAR Opening Session is Saturday, September 6th 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm with TAR Welcome at Sunset Station from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- NOTE: Tickets for our Event and Installation Luncheon are purchased at texasrealtors.com
More details for our September Meeting will be sent within the next 2-3 weeks!
Preparations for our 2015 Leadership Orientation September 28th – October 1st are in full swing! President-Elect, Cathy Mitchell, and her Orientation Committee are busy planning Training & Leadership sessions as well as some Fun for all attendees! Make sure to Register and reserve your hotel room as soon as possible to get the “early bird rates”.
Our WCR National Conference and Elections will be held in our Region - New Orleans, Louisiana - from Wednesday, November 4th to Sunday, November 9th! Make sure you get your hotel reservations soon as rooms are going quickly.
- Wednesday, November 5th: PMN Classes and Women’s Council meet-up (networking event)
- Thursday, November 6th: Conference Welcome; Education Sessions; Regional Meeting; and General Assembly
- Friday, November 7th: WCR Annual Meeting & Elections; Orientation for incoming RVPs and State Officers; and Best Practices Session for Local Chapters
VOTE JO ANN STEVENS for National Financial Secretary!
- Saturday, November 8th: Education Sessions and WCR Inaugural Event
- Sunday, November 9th: WCR Governing Board Meeting
We look forward to seeing you at our September Meeting in San Antonio to continue our Celebrations!
Our Executive Team, State Officers, State Coordinators, State Committee Chairs and Chapter Assistance Training Team (CATT) are committed to our Chapters and our Members! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may assist in any way!
Celebrating You and Your Achievements,
2014 Texas State President
Women’s Council of REALTORS®
San Antonio 2013 Officers:
Robert Dunn-Treasurer, Susie Sheffield-Secretary, Sheila Moran-President,
Corie Boldt-President Elect and Scott Jauregui-VP Membership
BRING IT ON WCR!!!
September 4, 2014
WCR wants to give you something to cheer about! Dress in your fan favorite gear and kick off your conference experience at the WCR dinner event “BRING IT ON”. The Little Red Barn, just 2 miles from the Hyatt Place is the place to show off the pep in your step. You’ll enjoy a great plated dinner and entertainment with guest host impersonator, Ron Burgandy. Don’t miss out on as the State chapters perform for our Pep Rally for your entertainment! And as always we will have our silent auction.
Tickets $50/Cash Bar/ FREE Parking.
Buy your tickets through TAR website and “You Stay Classy, Realtors®”
Spotlighted Past President
Sharon Eddings, PMN
Each quarter in 2014, we will feature one of our active state past presidents
in our WCR Texas Newsletter. Imagine that at the end of your presidential
year, a time capsule had been created with information from your year and
we have recently uncovered it.
Our second quarter spotlighted Past President is Sharon Eddings,
2011 Texas State President
News From Around the State