4th Quarter 2014 Newsletter
Mission of Women's Council of REALTORS®
We are a network of successful REALTORS®, advancing women as professionals and leaders in business, the industry and the communities we serve.
A Message from our
President, Sharon Morton ...
As we close on 2014, it’s time to enjoy our final Celebrations and give Thanks to our Governing Board and Special Committees for their commitment and dedication to our awesome Texas State Chapter of Women’s Council! Within this newsletter, we honor the Local Chapter 2014 Award Winners, welcome the 2015 State Executive Officers and Local Chapter Officers, and acknowledge our members who were elected to 2015 National positions and appointed to 2015 National Committees. Plus, don’t miss all of the photos of our “Memories and Celebrations” throughout the year!
A big Thank You to the Executive Team for their many contributions to the success of the year:
Thank you to the Governors for their service to our Local Chapters: facilitating the District Meeting; visiting, training and guiding the Local Chapter Officers; and being the source of information for governance issues.
- Cathy Mitchell - President-elect, for her total support – “ready at all times to assist” and available for early morning or late night discussions
- Ethel O’Dell - Secretary, for her wonderful spirt, attention to detail, keeping excellent records and helping Local Chapter Secretaries
- Cathy Hamlin - Treasurer, for her tireless dedication to keeping our Chapter solvent and on track as well as her knowledge of Tax Issues and assisting the Local Chapter Treasurers
- Sylvia Seabolt - immediate Precious Past President, for her continued guidance throughout the year and her commitment to Women’s Council;
- Diane Lauer - Parliamentarian, for her outstanding knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order, Texas State Bylaws and Standing Rules as well as her availability to help others learn
- Pat Farrell - Parliamentary Advisor, for her continued support of Women’s Council
Thanks to our Texas District Vice Presidents for their service in assisting the Chapters with membership recruitment and retention as well as developing committees:
- Area A – Nancy Garcia
- Area B – Marty Chrisman
- Area C – Sheila Moran
Thank you to the Standing and Special Committee Chairs for their tireless service to the Chapter:
- Area A – District 1: Angela Ochoa
- Area A – District 2: Tanya Endicott
- Area B – District 3: Renee Coulson
- Area B – District 4: Susan Mack
- Area B – District 5: Cindy Cox
- Area C – District 6: Rebecca Lightfoot O’Shea
- Area C – District 7: Bobby Bryant
A Special Thank You to Sandra Hunt and Carolyn Wyckoff, Presidential Advisors, for sharing their wealth of information, providing sound advice and keeping me “grounded”.
- Standing Committees: Lisa Creed- Bylaws/Standing Rules; Tera Kiger - Education/Programs; Dawn Lavka-Finance/Budget; Patti St. Louis-Marketing; Susie Sheffield-Membership; Becky Hill-National Focus; Sylvia Seabolt-Nominating and VaLois Hounsel, Strategic Planning
- Special Committees: Marilyn Burt-Audit; Carolyn Wyckoff-CATT; Scott Jauregui-Credentials; Isaac Mahone-Communications; Connie Parsons-Historian; Linda Marthe-Hospitality; Diana Keyes-Investments; Pat Ferrell-Minutes Review; Natalie Henshilwood-Newsletter; Sandra Hunt-Past Presidents; Trudy Pape-Public Relations; Jo Ann Stevens-Strategic Partners; Chris Rodriguez-Technology and Melissa Elizondo-Ways & Means.
Last but not least... THANK YOU to the Membership for receiving me with such sincerity and warmth as I traveled around the State. Each and every one of you has touched my heart and I will cherish all the moments we’ve had together!
It has truly been my honor and privilege to serve as the 2014 Texas State President and leave you with these closing thoughts:
- Celebrate YOU for each and every accomplishment that you achieve every day;
- Celebrate YOU for making our Council and our industry better by just being a part of it; AND
- Celebrate EVERY DAY by serving others and Your Life will always be as Bright as a Shooting Star!
2014 Texas State President
Women’s Council of REALTORS®
Spotlighted Past President
Each quarter in 2014, we feature one of our active state past presidents
in our WCR Texas Newsletter. Imagine that at the end of your presidential
year, a time capsule had been created with information from your year and
we have recently uncovered it.
Our fourth quarter spotlighted Past President is Sylvia Seabolt,
2013 Texas State President
News From Around the State
National Focus Member Spotlight
4th Quarter 2014
Community Leader Award
4th Quarter 2014 Recipient