420 Jerry Street
This house is one of the earliest residences in the Castle Rock downtown area. It was bulit in 1889 out of local rhyolite by John and Emma Lofe who sold it to Charles Palm, who in turn sold it to Andrew and Hedvig Anderson, the parents of Victoria Anderson. Victoria was born in Douglas County in 1889 and spent her life in the area. She married Milton Hannold in 1910 and had one son, Milton Jr. After her husband was killed in an accident, she went on to be a prominent lady in Castle Rock. She inherited the house from her parents and was living in it when she remarried and had two more children. Her new husband, Thorwald Christensen of Denmark was a leader in Douglas County civic affairs for more than 50 years, including being a member of the fire department and serving as Mayor in 1913. The house is now the office of the Chamber of Commerce and is a national landmark.