Load Factors and Load Combinations
- Uses the same load factors as in the building code
- Loan combinations are also the same
Material Resistance factors
- Concrete and steeel resistance factors remain the same.
- FRP resistance factor ϕF= 0.65, for FRP reinforced or prestressed.
Serviceability Limit Status
The maximum stress FRP bars or grids under loads at servicability limit state shall not be more than: 0.30 of the chartacteristic tensile strength.
Cracking - FRP RC
- No need to control crack width to prevent corrosion.
- Crack width needs to be prevented from an aesthetic point of view and to control stresses in reinforcement.
In steel reinforced concrete, it is necessary to reduce the crack width in order to inhibit the corrosion of steel reinforcement.
This is not a requirement with FRP reinforced concrete due to excellent corrosion resistance of FRP materials.
Specifically, limits crack width for FRP reinforced componenets to 0.5 mm (0.020 in) for aggressive environbments and 0.7 mm (0.028 in) for other appliacations.