Being Delivered From A Religious Mindset, pt.2
Last month, we looked at the topic of religion, what it is and the necessity to be free from it. This month, we will look at what steps can be taken to be delivered from a religious mindset.
Before we get started, I want to be clear that I am not advocating a spirit of lawlessness or teaching that we should not be submitted to authority. Romans 13:1-3
I am walking in the liberty that came when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and became a citizen of His Kingdom. John 8:36
Remember last month, we saw that the essence of religion is that man is trying to do things his own way, but still have a relationship with God. Luke 16:16 AMP
We want to have a relationship with God through Jesus, not to get caught up in religion. So, here are some steps we can take to avoid or be delivered from a religious mindset:
- Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit which will never contradict the Word of God. John 16:13-15 KJV & AMP
- Come to know the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. Romans 7:6b NLT Law-God's Word
- Make sure that the preaching and teaching you hear is biblical by reading and studying the Bible for yourself. 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2:15
- Leave the traditions of men that are not biblically based. Mark 7:8-9 AMP; Colossians 2:8 AMP & NLT
- Do not allow anyone to pressure you to do anything that is a tradition if it is not in the Bible.
- Do not allow your experience to cause you to discount anything that is in the Bible because you have not experienced it. Romans 16:17-18 AMP
Next month we will look at how to know if we are dealing with a religious spirit and we will look at some of the issues Jesus dealt with regarding the religious people of His day.
Being led by the Spirit of God, His Word and peace in your spirit will help you to navigate through these times we are living in. I am confident that this lesson on being delivered from a religious mindset will be a blessing to you. Looking forward to talking with you again next month.