ERP, ISV & PUBLISHER NEWS
- Virtual coffee chat for Acumatica users - Sept 18
- Sage Group PLC said Chair Donald Brydon is intending to step down in September 2021 after what will have been nine years on the board.
- Sage Executive Sells 120,000 Shares
- LINQ, a leading technology provider of K-12 school district operations software, announced the addition of former Sage exec Krista Endsley as Chief Executive Officer
SAGE 100 NEWS AND INFORMATION
Credit Card transactions do not show up in Bank Reconciliation
Yes, it's true. If you use credit cards the financial information doesn't flow into bank reconciliation automatically.
What you'll need to do is create a separate miscellaneous cash receipt into that bank account once you've seen the credit card has settled with your merchant.
Here are the high-level steps
- Set up a credit card payment type - assign a "credit card clearing" GL as the asset.
- Process the credit card ( debits your "credit card clearing" )
- Upon seeing the funds deposited, create another cash receipt, and instead of paying an invoice use the GL "credit card clearing" which debits cash ( and makes a bank reconciliation entry and also credits "credit card clearing".
Sage has more detailed instructions here.
Why does Sage work this way?
I believe it's because you can't tell in advance which of your daily credit card receipts will clear and be deposited together as one amount. Sage allows you to use a holding account and verify the receipts are deposited in the total amount you see arriving in your bank.
I've dealt with this either manually ( as above ) or for large numbers of deposits I've created an export and visual integrator import which can be done periodically to record the credit card receipts ).
WHAT'S NEW IN SAGE 100CLOUD?
What's New In Version 4.x Through 2020? - Google Doc
Additional PDF Documents:
Tech Documents - Upgrade Guide, Supported Platforms, What's New ( website )
- What's New Sage 100 2020 PPT Slide Deck ( PDF )
- Feature summary - eInvoicing for Sage 100 ( PDF )
- CCPA Readiness using Sage 100cloud ( PDF )
- What's New Sage 100cloud 2020 Datasheet ( PDF )
What Sage 100 Versions Are Supported?
Sage 100 Supported Versions
Where Can I Get Training on Sage 100?
Anytime Learning - What's New In Sage 100 2020 ( 41 Minutes )
Discover how to get the most out of your Sage 100cloud solution here.
Where Do I Download Sage 100 Version 2020?
( This download works for all flavors of Sage 100 )
Download site - Sage 100 2020 Full Product
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - File Layouts Online
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - Online Help
Sage 100 - Required Internet Access
NEWS EDITED / CURATED BY:
The opinions and advice supplied in this newsletter are general in nature and represent the views of Wayne Schulz and no other entity or sponsors. You are advised to consult your Sage partner prior to implementing any recommendations or advice from this newsletter.