SCHULZ SAYS WEEKLY
SAGE100CLOUD NEWS, TIPS, OBSERVATIONS
WEEK OF 07/23/20
BECAUSE WFH JUST MIGHT BE HERE TO STAY
( Sponsor )
Let Summit Hosting help you work from home during COVID-19 with #SummitCares. Summit Hosting is offering new customers 6 months of free hosting on dedicated servers for Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage BusinessWorks and Sage Fixed Assets with a 24-month hosting contract. Learn more at https://www.summithosting.com/contact-us/ or use code SummitCaresSage6 when you sign up at https://summithosting.com/buy-now.
DIANE COFFMAN, SAGE 100 DESIGN LEAD, RETIRES AFTER 22 YEARS
Diane Coffman of Sage retires today after 22 years - starting with the company in 1998 - the same year that State of the Art was acquired for $263 million ($22 per share) by Sage Group PLC which in turn acquired Peachtree in 1999 for $145 million.
The year before Diane arrived at State of the Art ..
Job Cost, Payroll, and FRx Report Writer for MAS 90/W and MAS 90cs had just shipped in June 1997.
Visions 1997 was held in July 16-19, 1997 in Irvine, CA
1998-1999 was somewhere about the time of MAS90 version 3.3x. The company just announced plans to develop for the SQL platform as well as the release of Acuity ( later to be renamed MAS 500 ).
Support was offered on CompuServe as well as via the TRSG with either an annual or pay-as-you-go option.
The year 2000 was on the top of mind for most with virtually every software company scrambling to certify that nothing would happen when the year turned from 1999 to 2000 ( Spoiler: Nothing much happened ).
The next year the annual Visions conference ( later renamed to Sage Summit ) was held May 1999 in Palm "It's a Dry Heat" Springs at the Palm Springs Wyndham Hotel &Palm Springs Convention Center.
Diane served as the design lead for the Sage 100 product line and was widely respected and accessible to the Sage community often leading sessions at conferences that solicited ideas for upcoming Sage releases.
TIMOTHY HARFIELD DEPARTS JULY 24, 2020
Timothy joined Sage in 2018 and served as the product marketing lead for the Sage 100cloud and Sage CRM product lines. Under his tenure, we saw a continued move to bring the manufacturing modules to framework, the establishment of two new industry solutions for distribution and manufacturing.
He served as the most visible and accessible face of the Sage 100 product line, often delivering keynotes and product update presentations with roadmaps.
Sage is presently advertising for his successor though I think he is nearly impossible to completely replace. Best wishes to one of the smartest marketing folks at Sage I've ever met!
EVENTS WORTH WATCHING
- July 24, 2020 - Tomorrow - Sage 100 Natural Language Query by DataSelf
- Tired of messing with data tables and complicated report links? Check out DataSelf Business Intelligence - everyone attending gets a free 14-day trial.
- July 28, 2020 - CRM User Conference
- Peter Wolf and friends welcome you to a jam packed day of CRM, CRM, and more CRM. It's hard to beat the free price too.
- July 28, 2020 - Grow Sales, Not Headcount with CIMcloud 2020
- If your customers are increasingly asking to place their own orders or review the status of existing ones then maybe it's time to explore a B2B website/portal. CIMcloud is the king of integrated Sage 100 portals.
- July 31, 2020 - Sage 300 / eCommerce Virtual Roundtable
- The year 2020 will go down as the time when omnichannel moved from "nice to have" to "must-have". Get your omnichannel questions answered by industry leaders and understand how to move your business forward with Sage 300 & eCommerce to reach more customers.
- Anytime - Various ISV Webinars ( Mostly Recorded )
- Sage Basecamp - the brainchild of several prominent Sage ISVs - is open for visits 24 x 7 and offers free videos and literature
- August 12 - Creating Dashboards Using Sage Intelligence Reporting
- October 6 - Using Business Insights Explorer to Work More Efficiently
- December 17 - Making the Most of Visual Process Flows
SHOWS WORTH BINGING
Schitt's Creek - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0uWS6CnC2o
Suits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUQKm2nZNE
SAGE 100 COMMUNITIES WORTH JOINING
SAGE 100 USERS
We just broke 128 registered members on this group, I'm posting the latest updates and technical tips regarding the North American version of Sage 100.
I'm exploring the use of this group for live events which would automatically stay within the group so you could watch them at your own leisure.
I'm not the world's most active Facebook user but Facebook groups are an easy place to join since by default most users already have an account so there's not the "create yet another login/password" that would be associated with a standalone group site. Join Sage 100 User Group on Facebook. Plus, in the future, we have the ability to host video webinars that make use of Facebook's existing technology and work great on desktop, laptop, or while mobile.
This group is only for currently active Sage partners, ISVS, and Sage employees. We just broke 67 members. This is more of an industry news sharing group that allows us to share items that wouldn't be of interest to most end-users.
Stay Safe! Let me know if I can help.
NEWS CURATED BY
TECHNOLOGY & INDUSTRY NEWS
SAGE 100 NEWS AND INFORMATION
SAGE 100 LAUNCHES THEN CLOSES ( SOLVED )
Have you ever had Sage 100 launch and then completely close before you can even see the menu? This is a situation that we deal with a couple times a year and the resolution is pretty simple.
Verify the "BroadcastShutdown$" flag in SY_System.M4T is set to N:
NOTE: It might be necessary to do this on another system, as the "live" system will not be able to log in and use Data File Display and Maintenance.
- Open Modules, Library Master, Utilities, Data File Display and Maintenance
- Browse to the MAS90/MAS_SYSTEM Folder
- Select the SY_System.M4T file
- Edit the BroadcastShutdown$ field
- Change the Value to N
- Launch Sage 100 ERP to test
SAGE DISPLAYS UPDATED ROADMAP AT JULY 22 STAC ONLINE CONFERENCE
Sage held their STAC remote conference ( Sage Third-Party Applications Conference ) yesterday July 22. During his presentation Mike Edgett, Product Marketing Director, Sage North America displayed this enhancement listing which gave a brief outline of what's expected in the September 2020 Sage 100 2020 Product Update.
These features are in addition to the normal collection of fixes included in the product updates.
The website for Sage Summit continues to display the event will be held on December 8-11, 2020 in Orlando. My guess is that this will convert to an online-only event similar to how Intacct Advantage is online only.
CRM CONFERENCE JULY 28
Peter Wolf of Azamba is working with several other CRM consultants to host this virtual Sage CRM conference on July 28. The agenda has recently been updated and looks great.
Peter emailed me this update last week:
My consultants are working double-time to get this put together and we’ve added quite a few partners in the last week. The event will be 7.5 hours long – there are a ton of sessions – the general sessions are geared towards non-technical / business users.
Check out the detailed agenda here. There's no cost to attend.
What's New In Version 4.x Through 2020? - Google Doc
WHAT'S NEW IN SAGE 100CLOUD?
Additional PDF Documents:
Tech Documents - Upgrade Guide, Supported Platforms, What's New ( website )
- What's New Sage 100 2020 PPT Slide Deck ( PDF )
- Feature summary - eInvoicing for Sage 100 ( PDF )
- CCPA Readiness using Sage 100cloud ( PDF )
- What's New Sage 100cloud 2020 Datasheet ( PDF )
What Sage 100 Versions Are Supported?
Sage 100 Supported Versions
Where Can I Get Training on Sage 100?
Anytime Learning - What's New In Sage 100 2020 ( 41 Minutes )
Discover how to get the most out of your Sage 100cloud solution here.
Where Do I Download Sage 100 Version 2020?
( This download works for all flavors of Sage 100 )
Download site - Sage 100 2020 Full Product
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - File Layouts Online
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - Online Help
Sage 100 - Required Internet Access
NEWS EDITED / CURATED BY:
The opinions and advice supplied in this newsletter are general in nature and represent the views of Wayne Schulz and no other entity or sponsors. You are advised to consult your Sage partner prior to implementing any recommendations or advice from this newsletter.