SCHULZ SAYS WEEKLY
SAGE100CLOUD NEWS, TIPS, OBSERVATIONS
WEEK OF 07/30/20
Anyone getting else sick of Zoom conference calls? For the next 12-18 month's these calls will probably continue to protect us during the pandemic while simultaneously the bane of our existence.
Almost all in-person conferences are now virtual. Sage Intacct Advantage, Sage Sessions Construction and Real Estate, Sage X3 ISV Solutions, etc. Expect most to remain online for the foreseeable future ( 12 to 18 months ).
From my vantage point I have a few online event observations:
- Online events have very low BTB ( barrier to bolting ). They can't mirror the on-site model of stretching a presentation to meet an arbitrary time slot. If the online presentation only takes 15 minutes - don't stretch it with a filler or you risk permanently losing attendees who bolt from the event completely.
- Keep attendees on the edge of their seats - nobody is signing up for a remote event to watch 45 minutes of Powerpoint and company history. Trim down your "dog and pony" show to be shorter and more relevant to your target market. This is especially tough for salespeople who tend to endlessly re-use boilerplate slide decks.
- Moderators are helpful for getting attendees from one session to another.
- After the event make session recordings available online - consider that not everyone will watch 55 minutes of Powerpoint and demo. Consider videos in the formal of small ( under 5 minutes ), medium ( under 10 minutes ) and large ( full length) for use with prospects and customers that have varying levels of time/interest.
- Avalara has a great setup for their online events - a moderator, speaker, and all handouts are available on one screen. You can probably gather some tips by attending one of their events.
- After the event publish session recordings online to blog posts, YouTube videos, Vimeo, Facebook, and Linkedin.
EVENTS WORTH WATCHING
- July 31, 2020 - Sage 300 / eCommerce Virtual Roundtable
- Anytime - Various Sage endorsed ISV Webinars ( Mostly Recorded )
- Anytime - Sage Basecamp - the brainchild of several prominent Sage ISVs - is open for visits 24 x 7 and offers free videos and literature
- August 12 - Creating Dashboards Using Sage Intelligence Reporting
- October 6 - Using Business Insights Explorer to Work More Efficiently
- December 17 - Making the Most of Visual Process Flows
SAGE 100 COMMUNITIES WORTH JOINING
SAGE 100 USERS
We just broke 140 registered members on this group, I'm posting the latest updates and technical tips regarding the North American version of Sage 100.
I'm exploring the use of this group for live events which would automatically stay within the group so you could watch them at your own leisure.
Facebook groups are an easy place to join since by default most users already have an account so there's not the "create yet another login/password" that would be associated with a standalone group site. Join Sage 100 User Group on Facebook.
This group is only for currently active Sage partners, ISVS, and Sage employees. We just broke 72 members. This is more of an industry news sharing group that allows us to share items that wouldn't be of interest to most end-users.
Stay Safe! Let me know if I can help.
NEWS CURATED BY
TECHNOLOGY & INDUSTRY NEWS
- Microsoft reportedly generated $2.2 billion from Dynamics 365 in 2020
- xkzero announces integration of Route Optimization into its flagship B2B delivery & route sales platform
- Of course, someone invented an AI bot to attend Zoom meetings
- Taylor Macdonald talks about how he turned around the 125+ Intacct partner channel
SAGE 100 NEWS AND INFORMATION
SAGE 100 AUTO-COMPLETE SHOWS SMALL SUBSET OF RESULTS ( SOLVED )
Several users have asked how to return Sage 100cloud auto-complete to the prior method of searching as you type. Starting in Sage 100 2014 Sage introduced auto-complete which searched beginning with the first character as you typed.
In version 2018 Sage modified the auto-complete feature so it would search additional fields. While this was sometimes more convenient, many users noted that this resulted in a smaller number of search results.
Here's a quick way to return to the older style auto-complete. All you need do is remove one or two subfolders and re-enter Sage. Here are the steps to restore auto-complete to prior functionality.
SAGE 100 2020 PU1 DUE SEPTEMBER 17
Sage's first product update for their latest 2020 release should ship on or about September 17, 2020. Expect a product update for 2019 as well as a Payroll update on that day as well. If you are planning an upgrade that includes multiple enhancements you may want to wait and install this update during your upgrade process. Via Sage City.
CRM CONFERENCE JULY 28
The Sage CRM User Conference was held earlier this week. According to a LinkedIn post it attracted 648 registrations which may make it the largest CRM conference ( online or onsite ) in Sage history.
Here's the Sage CRM: Sage CRM 2020 R2 and beyond keynote with Sage's Elizabeth Pienaar, Sage's Product Engineering and Support Manager for Sage CRM, in conversation with Sage's Jeff Richards.
What's New In Version 4.x Through 2020? - Google Doc
WHAT'S NEW IN SAGE 100CLOUD?
Additional PDF Documents:
Tech Documents - Upgrade Guide, Supported Platforms, What's New ( website )
- What's New Sage 100 2020 PPT Slide Deck ( PDF )
- Feature summary - eInvoicing for Sage 100 ( PDF )
- CCPA Readiness using Sage 100cloud ( PDF )
- What's New Sage 100cloud 2020 Datasheet ( PDF )
What Sage 100 Versions Are Supported?
Sage 100 Supported Versions
Where Can I Get Training on Sage 100?
Anytime Learning - What's New In Sage 100 2020 ( 41 Minutes )
Discover how to get the most out of your Sage 100cloud solution here.
Where Do I Download Sage 100 Version 2020?
( This download works for all flavors of Sage 100 )
Download site - Sage 100 2020 Full Product
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - File Layouts Online
Sage 100cloud version 2020 - Online Help
Sage 100 - Required Internet Access
NEWS EDITED / CURATED BY:
The opinions and advice supplied in this newsletter are general in nature and represent the views of Wayne Schulz and no other entity or sponsors. You are advised to consult your Sage partner prior to implementing any recommendations or advice from this newsletter.