Timely Industry Mid-Market Updates
Welcome to SMBVIEW - your source for updates on what's happening in the mid-market with a focus on issues concerning ERP consultants.
More ways to connect with us:
Website - https://www.smbview.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/smbview
Want to add someone to the newsletter list? -- send them this link
Here's This Week's News
Quick Headlines of Note
- 37 Signals Podcast: Why we left the cloud (Podcast / Hey)
- How many companies use Microsoft Dynamics? (ERP Software Blog)
- Sage reveals winners of the 2022 Sage Intacct Partner Awards (Sage)
- DataSelf is looking for professionals with Tableau, Data Warehousing, MS Programming C# skills (DataSelf)
- PC Bennett Partners with PDM Automotive to Bring More Aftermarket Functionality to AutoFitmentPlus (DigitalJournal)
Drew Macbeth Departs as Net@Work Netsuite Practice Director
According to LinkedIn Drew Macbeth departed Net at Work in September 2022. Macbeth had been Net at Work's Netsuite Practice Director for about 3 1/2 years. Prior to that he had worked a variety of sales executive positions including a lengthy executive level sales stint at Sage North America where he departed in 2014 after 15 years. According to Linkedin Macbeth has started his own company GameChanger Industries described as a leading specialty contractor and eCommerce company.
Sage Intacct vs Sage 100 Quick Comparison
I spotted this seven pager which compares Sage 100 to Sage Intacct. The guide, although it's dated May 2021, might be useful in comparing the two products. Download the PDF here.
Kevin Kawado Departs Sage After Nearly 30 Years as Sage 100 Engineering Lead
Kevin Kawado, who for nearly 30 years played a leading role in the R&D and development of Sage 100, has left Sage.
His LinkedIn status appears to have been updated on or about 10/28/22.
Kawado was a behind-the-scenes technical executive who played a major role in key initiatives for Sage 100. According to his Linkedin bio, these initiatives included:
- Sage Partner Cloud ( Sage 100 hosted on Azure )
- Managed up to 12 Sage engineers
- Planning enhancements for Sage 100
- Prototyped a cloud-based version of Sage 100
- Extended Enterprise Solution( this was when Sage 100 added CRM )
- Transition of MAS 90 from DOS to Windows ( Sage 100 )
Thanks for being a subscriber!
Click here to forward this newsletter to a friend