Timely Industry Mid-Market Updates
Welcome to SMBVIEW - your source for updates on what's happening in the mid-market with a focus on issues concerning ERP consultants.
More ways to connect with us:
Website - https://www.smbview.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/smbview
Want to add someone to the newsletter list? -- send them this link
Here's This Week's News
Quick Headlines of Note
- Avalara buyout by Vista Partners approved by shareholders (Avalara)
- Sage Partner All Hands - November 17, 2022 (Sage)
- Sage 100 Presales Roundtable - November 11, 2022 (Sage)
- After 16 years with ZDNET, Mary Jo Foley becomes Editor In Chief at Directions Microsoft (Twitter)
- Google Chrome ditching support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in early 2023 (9to5Google)
Acumatica MVP Nominations Now Open - Through 11/30/22
Acumatica announces that nominations are now open for MVPs. From the Acumatica website:
Please complete the form below to nominate a deserving Acumatica MVP candidate. We will review all submissions for careful consideration in awarding this year’s Acumatica MVPs. We will close the nomination process on November 30th and announce the winners in December.
Please keep the following in mind we are looking to award individuals that have gone above and beyond our expectations. Examples may include, but are not limited to the following, during the calendar year:
Link to nomination form - https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-mvp-program/nominate-acumatica-mvp/
- Demonstrated significant additional product or brand value & leadership
- Drove market or industry recognition
- Drove superior customer/partner satisfaction
- Demonstrated superior support/assistance within the Acumatica Community site
- Closed several significant/strategic Acumatica business deals
- A top contributor in the discussion forums including replies, helpful topics, and answers provided
- Accumulated a high number of ‘’likes’’ and ‘’helpfuls’’ in the discussion forums
- In the top ten for at least 3 months in the fiscal year
- Attributable contributions that lead to either an increase in customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, customer ASP, etc.
A History of Microsoft Dynamics Product Names – A Guide for New Marketers
I don't know about you but I have trouble keeping all the Microsoft ERP and CRM product names straight.
I do recall that Microsoft owns products formerly known as Great Plains, Solomon, Axapta, Navision and Microsoft CRM.
However, in what's an increasingly common exercise for publishers with overlapping products, Microsoft came up with new product names that make the product lines sound more cohesive yet also obscures their lineage.
Here's a great post from Channel Marketing Academy which ELI5 ( Explain it Like I'm 5 years old) the different products and what their new Microsoft product names are.
A History of Microsoft Dynamics Product Names
Microsoft Dynamics 2022 Release "Was The Last Release Adding New Features"
Ah the recent Community Summit North America in Orlando, Mike Morton - VP Dynamics 365 and Business Central at Microsoft set some in crowd abuzz with his slide announcing October 2022 as the last Dynamics GP release with any new features.
Subsequently, there was a meeting held and some backpedaling in a LinkedIn post by Morton.
Reading through that LinkedIn post it's pretty clear that Dynamics GP is close to end of receiving much research and development (as are many other on-premises accounting systems). My guess is that given the user-base (47,000 Dynamic GP users as of 2015) that Dynamics GP isn't going away anytime soon.
Business Central ( fka Navision ) is Microsoft's focus in the SMB segment.
See also - How Many Companies Use Microsoft Dynamics ERP?
Thanks for being a subscriber!
Click here to forward this newsletter to a friend