Hi <<First Name>>,
Welcome to Day 2 of the â€œMeditate with Easeâ€ journey! Today youâ€™re going to create a sacred meditation space in your home. If you think about it, we have dedicated spaces in our homes for everything else. Cooking, bathing, sleeping, eating, workingâ€¦. So why donâ€™t more of us have spaces just for being and reconnecting with ourselves?!
"The secret to a home meditation practice is to create a space where the busyness stops."
Having a space in your home devoted solely to meditation (and other spiritual practices) is a very powerful way to establish a regular practice. It helps by:
Thich Nhat Hanh
- Serving as a visual trigger to invite you to practice daily, and
- Creating an energetic area that can help quiet your mind, and induce feelings of peace and calm when you enter it.
So, today I invite you to create a home sacred meditation space. My clients love this activity. And it's as powerful to your practice as it is fun! Take a few moments to scout your home for an area to create your meditation space. This can be as simple as a corner in your bedroom. The only criteria are:
- You can sit comfortably (a cushion or blanket will help),
- Itâ€™s uncluttered (remove anything unrelated to your practice),
- Itâ€™s relatively quiet and you wonâ€™t be disturbed (itâ€™s helpful to ask your family or roommates to keep the noise down when you're in there),
- You only use the space for meditation and other contemplative or spiritual practices (to enhance the meditative energy of the space).
Once you create your sacred space, start raising it's meditative energy by doing this concentration practice in it (either now, or later in the day when you have 13 minutes to spare). We're sticking with the concentration meditation for now because these 7 days are really about creating a strong foundation, and that's what concentration does :) But don't worry, we'll add some variety shortly.
Share with us in the Facebook Group to be entered into the day 2 drawing. Head to the FB group, and look for the "Day 2" thread I started. (be sure to post it on the proper thread, so I can keep track of who's playing!)
Tomorrow weâ€™re going deeper with an activity that will help powerfully connect you with your practice, so you can find more ease around showing up.
See you in the Facebook group!