January 2016 #02
CIE 4th Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance
Abstract Submission System OPEN!
As previously notified the CIE 4th Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance will be held in Prague, Czech Republic, 6 – 7 September, 2016.
The symposium will consist of contributed papers, authors are now invited to submit two‑page extended abstracts. Technical areas include but are not limited to:
- Visual perception of materials: colour, gloss, texture, translucency, temporal effects and total appearance.
- Physical measurement of the optical properties of materials; angle-resolved diffuse reflectance/ transmittance or BRDF measurements, BSSRDF, haze specular gloss, luminescence, fluorescence.
- Spatially and spectrally resolved measurements of textured or patterned materials and the linkage to visual appearance using multi-dimensional systems (ILMD, Hyperspectral, Multispectral, etc).
- Novel instrumentation and standard reference materials for the measurement of the optical properties of materials: development, characterization and implementation.
- Modelling, digital rendering and the physical reproduction of the optical properties of materials.
- Optical properties of novel visual effects or functional materials: current and future trends.
Abstracts can now be submitted using the online submission system. Please note that abstracts must be written using the CIE Abstract Template.
Dates and Deadlines
Abstract submission open: January 15, 2016
Abstract submission deadline: April 1, 2016
Author notification: May 20, 2016
Early bird registration closure: June 20, 2016
More information is also available on the event webpage and there will be a notification about registration for the tutorial, symposium and CIE Division 1 meetings in February.
Meanwhile the Central Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org will be delighted to answer any questions which might arise.
International Organizing Committee