April 2015 / #05
28th CIE Session Programme and Meeting Schedule Online Now!
CIE Session will feature the latest achievements in the science of light and lighting, vision and colour, photometry, photobiology as well as image technology.
We would like to give you a flavour of what it will be about. CIE 2015 will feature a number of invited presentations by widely-acknowledged experts on different subjects:
- Dr. Françoise Viénot (FR), emeritus professor at the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, in Paris, France, will present a paper on “CONE FUNDAMENTALS: PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE”;
- Dr. Tessa Pocock (US) from the Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) will give an inside view of “ADVANCED LIGHTING TECHNOLOGY IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT AGRICULTURE”;
- Dr. Takashi Usuda (JP), CCPR President, will talk about “CCPR ACTIVITIES AND THE CIPM MRA”;
- Dr. Arnold Wilkins (GB), professor at the University of Essex, will give a presentation on “SPATIAL AND TEMPORAL PATTERN DISCOMFORT”;
- Geoff Draper (GB), GTB President, will talk about “GLARE COMPLAINTS – THEIR IMPACT UPON THE REGULATION OF AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING”.
A wide range of seminars and workshops will provide you with ample space to exchange, discuss and learn on
- “COLOUR QUALITY OF LED LIGHTING”, chaired by Ming Ronnier Luo (CN/GB), Director of CIE Division 1, and Tran Quoc Khanh (DE), Professor for Lighting Technology at the Technical University Darmstadt;
- “ASSESSING LIGHTING METRICS”, chaired by Peter Boyce (GB), author of the classic text “Human Factors in Lighting”, and Jennifer Veitch (CA), Director of CIE Division 3;
- “ADAPTIVE LIGHTING AND VISIBILITY”, chaired by Ron Gibbons (US), Director of CIE Division 4;
- “CIE ILLUMINANT L (LED): PROS, CONS AND CHALLENGES”, chaired by Peter Blattner (CH), Director of CIE Division 2;
- “LIGHTING FOR LIFE”, chaired by Jennifer Veitch (CA), Director of CIE Division 3, and John O'Hagan (GB), Director of CIE Division 6;
- “COLOUR IMAGING REPRODCUTION FOR 3D PRINTING”, chaired by Kaida Xiao (GB), Senior Research Fellow at Department of Psychological Science at the University of Liverpool.
Oral as much as poster presentations of totally more than 300 papers provide an excellent selection of what is being done worldwide in the Commission's realm.
You will find the full programme at http://session2015.cie.co.at/programme
Looking forward to meeting you in June in Manchester
The International Organizing Committee