March 2016 #04
4th CIE Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance
Prague, Czech Republic.
Abstract Submission Reminder – Deadline April 1, 2016
The 4th CIE Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance, the CIE Tutorial on Visual Appearance Fundamentals and Division 1 meetings will be held September 5 - 9, 2016.
Please note that the online abstract submission system is still available for your contribution symposium but will be closing on April 1, 2016.
As previously announced the symposium will consist of contributed papers, technical areas include but are not limited to:
- Visual perception of materials: colour, gloss, texture, translucency, temporal effects and total appearance.
- Physical measurement of the optical properties of materials; angle-resolved diffuse reflectance/ transmittance or BRDF measurements, BSSRDF, haze specular gloss, luminescence, fluorescence.
- Spatially and spectrally resolved measurements of textured or patterned materials and the linkage to visual appearance using multi-dimensional systems (ILMD, Hyperspectral, Multispectral, etc).
- Novel instrumentation and standard reference materials for the measurement of the optical properties of materials: development, characterization and implementation.
- Modelling, digital rendering and the physical reproduction of the optical properties of materials.
- Optical properties of novel visual effects or functional materials: current and future trends.
Please note that abstracts must be written using the CIE Abstract Template .
Dates and Deadlines:
Abstract submission deadline: April 1, 2016
Author notification: May 20, 2016
Early bird registration closure: June 20, 2016
More information the symposium and associated one day tutorial on visual appearance fundamentals and measurement is available on the event webpage .
CIE Central Bureau is here to help you should you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to your participation at this CIE event.