In our first year and a half we have seen over 15,000 people create Education Cents accounts to learn about personal finance. We are so pleased that the program is helping students and families become more financially savvy and reach their higher education goals.
Thank you for your partnership and assistance in making the Education Cents program a success!
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY
We are always making improvements to the program and we’re excited about the progress we’ve made over the summer. If you have a suggestion, don’t hesitate to let us know!
General site updates
• Randomized test answers – Unfortunately, some students have tried to “get around” the system. To make that a little more difficult, we’ve randomized our test answers within each end-of-course assessment question.
• Sign-out reminder – There’s a time-out function on Education Cents that automatically logs a user off after 60 minutes of inactivity. Unfortunately, a few users lost their work because they did not realize that they had been signed off until it was too late. So, we added a reminder to log back in if you want Education Cents to save your work.
• Custom quizzes – Group facilitators can now create custom quizzes. We’re pretty excited about it and we hope you will like it too! To get started simply select the group for whom you’d like to create the custom quiz, then click the “Custom Quizzes” link in the “Group Admin” section when you’re in a group.
• Printable assessments – Because we realize that you may not always have access to a computer lab, we’ve created printable versions of our end-of-course assessments. These are available through the “Groups” dashboard in the “Facilitator Resources” section titled “Quizzes.”
• Invite to group – We’ve enhanced our “Invite to group” functionality to enable you to e-mail more than one invitee at a time. Through the “Invite to group” link in the “Group Admin” section of the right-hand navigation, you’ll now be able to email as many invitees as you’d like… all at the same time.
RESOURCES IN SPANISH
We’re excited to be able to offer new resources for Spanish speaking families
• Workbooks – We just completed a Spanish-language version of our financial education workbook
. This workbook is not a literal translation of our English workbook; instead, we were sensitive to culture and context as we created this new resource specifically for Spanish speaking families. Order
these and our High School and College workbooks – they’re free!
• Spanish financial aid hotline – The College in Colorado Outreach and Access Team is now available to answer questions about paying for college – in Spanish. Whether the question is complex or simple, it’s always more comfortable to talk about these important topics in your native language. Call 720-264-8580 to access the Spanish hotline.
Check our calendar
for upcoming events throughout the year and be sure to follow us on Twitter
and Like us on Facebook
We are currently scheduling our fall train-the-trainer series, around the state – look for our e-mail invitation soon! These day-long events provide information on using the Education Cents program and teaching personal finance. If you are interested in attending a train-the-trainer event or hosting an event in a computer lab, please let us know
. We publish a list of upcoming train-the-trainer events as they are scheduled, on our For Partners
College Application Month
Get help preparing for college applications during College Application Month (CAM), which is sponsored by College In Colorado. Use the tools and resources available on CollegeInColorado.org and enter for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship. For more information go to CICCollegeAppMonth.org