The Magic Accessory
Accessories provide so many worthwhile elements to any outfit. Without them, you go unnoticed or noticed for the wrong things. With them, you can dictate the impression you give to others. Put together, knowledgeable, approachable, unique, creative, striking, pleasing, exciting. These are all qualities you can be known for and your accessories can be doing all the talking for you! Something as simple as changing your accessories or adding accessories might be all you need to accomplish your objectives.
There is one accessory though, that any woman, professional or not, needs to keep in mind before stepping out the house. Until recently, I could not leave the house without earrings, I literally felt naked without them, and probably still do, but not as much as after my selfies shots. The exercise I did for fun, helped me realize that the accessory I can not afford to leave the house without is MAKEUP! Of course accessories such as earrings, necklaces, or scarves will add the final touch and personality to the basics in any woman's wardrobe, but only a nice concealer, foundation, a color on the cheeks, lipstick, eye color, and mascara can bring the finished look, remove the not-so-well slept night look, and camouflage any imperfections she may have in the face.
The makeup I wear every day is not as impeccable as the one in my professional head-shot done by a makeup artist, but the selfies do not lie. Makeup does make a difference.
Here are some practical makeup tips:
- If you are a minimalist, concealer, mascara e lipstick will do the job.
- Concealer should be no more than two shades lighter than your foundation.
- Test your foundation on the jawline area. The right shade will disappear and not create a line in between your face and the neck.
- To pick the right lipstick color, look at your natural lip color and choose a hue related to it. The idea is to enhance it. If you had your colors done, look at the reds in your palette.
- When buying a lipstick, take a purse mirror with you. Apply the lipstick and go have a walk close a natural light to check the color. You may be surprise of the difference in hue
- If you wear glasses, your eye makeup needs to be stronger.
- When applying your makeup, think about an impressionist painting, there are no defined lines.
If the way you have been accessorizing, including makeup, is not working for you, empower yourself to change! Join one of our style clinics or treat yourself to an in-depth style consultation. Just give me a call!
Upcoming Style Clinics
Saturday, June 6 from 10 AM to 3 PM
Wednesday, June 10 from 10 AM to 3 PM
Saturday, June 20 from 1 PM to 6 PM
Wednesday, July 1 from 1 PM to 6 PM