One Thousand Books Art Book festival
Thu - Sun April 10 - 13, 2014 at Carlsberg area Copenhagen
28 independent publishers from all of Northern Europe meet up in a supermarket in Copenhagen to sell books, greet their audience face to face and to share ideas and strategies with one another. The isles of the supermarket act as a visual and conceptual backdrop as the art books are sold alongside everyday groceries, to bibliophiles and the unexpecting shopper alike.
The aim of the event is to elevate the level, number and quality of art books coming out of our region by hosting an event where players in the field can meet, connect and share ideas and perspectives on current issues in the frame of publishing.
- A Bookmarket. The heart of the festival.
- Five Talks with all kinds of different approaches to art books.
- The Factory. A program of readings and talks.
- An Exhibition of Danish art magazine Pist Protta.
- A Travelling exhibition that will travel around the world after the festival.
- A new installment of Receipt Art by SUPERFLEX
- Six cases of New Literature.
- A Workshop on bookdesign.
- And a new collaborative Publication
David Senior, Jacob Fabricius, Erik Kessels & Paul Kooiker, Thomas Hvid Kromann and Joachim Schmid.
Pist Protta exhibition and talk by Jesper Fabricius of Space Poetry.
The receipts of REMA1000 Carlsberg will feature artworks by SUPERFLEX before and during the festival.
Book production and paper. The Factory as a cultural production site sets the theme for this program within the program. Readings and talks at Officin, meet Amalie Smith, Eva Tind, Ida Börjel, Eller med a and Publication Studio Malmö.
New literature will be produced for the festival by 6 Danish writers: Signe Gjessing, Noa Kjærsgaard, Josefine Klougart, Bue P. Peitersen, Knud Romer, Harald Voetmann.
A book exhibition will launch shortly after the festival and travel around the world with a selection of books from the fair.
A new publication 'OTB14' with contributions by the participating imprints will be released at the fair.
How to make a book using InDesign.