Ontario wants to hear your voice.
If local conservation is important to you, your voice is needed now.
The Province of Ontario is conducting consultation on a law and regulation that will affect conservation in your area.
The survey is only open until March 13, 2020.
Your chance to speak up is now:
Here is the survey link:
The Province is reviewing the Conservation Authorities Act and regulation and is seeking to define the programs and services, and mandate, of conservation authorities.
Thank you for providing your voice for conservation.
It takes about five to ten minutes to complete the survey.
- Do you value rural and urban land stewardship to protect creeks, rivers, groundwater, and Lake Huron?
- Do you value tree planting and wetlands and habitat?
- Do you value work with landowners and community groups?
- Do you value conservation education for our young people?
- Do you value monitoring of water quality and quantity, weather, soil health, and species?
- Do you think these things should continue to be part of our mandate?
- Do you think these things help to protect life and property and water, soil, and living things?
- Do you think these things help to protect us from natural hazards like flooding and erosion?
- Do you think these things help to protect our drinking water sources?
The Province is looking for your input.
If these programs are important to you, if you think your community needs 'boots on the ground' stewardship and local science and education to protect our water and soil resources and make our watersheds resilient for the future, then it's important that you let the Province know.
If you have any questions about this survey and the current consultation please call us at 519-235-2610 or toll-free 1-888-286-2610.