Other publications of interest
The incidents are included for your review. The NSW Resources Regulator does not endorse the findings or recommendations of these incidents. It is your legal duty to exercise due diligence to ensure the business complies with its work health and safety obligations.
National (other non-fatal)
Electrician suffers 100V electric shock and burns
In March 2019, an electrician was fault-finding in a vent fan control panel during night shift. He was wearing 1000V Class 0 rubber gloves and attempted to remove a plastic cover to access control relays. The cover fell to the floor of the panel and adjacent to a control transformer (1000V/110V). He reached down to retrieve the cover and his glove caught on the sharp edges of exposed terminal lugs of the control transformer, which punctured the rubber glove.
He suffered an electric shock when the current arced between two exposed cable terminals through the puncture holes in the gloves. He was able to remove himself from the panel and drove to the workshop. He was taken to hospital and has undergone multiple surgeries.