Great job on signing up for “The Tewsletter.” I really appreciate it. I’d like to make this enjoyable for all involved. If it’s not, just remember how much you paid for it. You can also unsubscribe. We can make a clean break and I’ll hold nothing against you. We’re two autonomous beings who deserve to communicate in a mutually agreed upon way. But let’s not talk about you leaving just yet.
Why did I start a newsletter?
Mostly because my last name rhymes with the word “News”. I thought it was time I did something with that. I could’ve done a podcast or a web series or something, but I know how much everyone loves reading. I just thought this made more sense. If my last name rhymed with “blog” or “magazine” then I would’ve made one of those.
And if you’re curious, here are some names I passed on:
- The Tews York Times
- The Tews News
- What’s In The Tews?
- What Else Is In The Tews?
- The Washingtews Post
Things you’ll see in a typical issue of Tewsletter:
- Dates for live standup performances.
- Dates for my band “The Undone Sweaters”.
- Events of mild personal significance.
- Announcements about my book and website, “Felines of New York”.
- Notifications of television appearances, should the people making television decide to make that mistake again.
- Pleas for employment.
Things you won’t see:
- Pictures of my kids (I don’t have any).
- Exclamation points (I don't have any).
In keeping with the theme, I'll be sending one of these out twice a month on Tuesdays. Since this is just the first issue of The Tewsletter I won't bombard you with information. I'll just leave this flyer below. It's got a few of my upcoming live dates.
You can go to jimtews.com/tour for ticket links as they become available. I love performing live, especially for people who read this newsletter in its entirety.