Beckie is Home!
Dear <<First Name>>,
Beckie's recovery restrictions are very simple: don't lift more than 10 pounds with her left arm for 2 weeks and don't wash the incision location.
The surgeon explained that one flap of the tricuspid value is still curled back and not functioning even after removing the old lead. The probable cause is calcification of the valve. There is a chance it will loose up in time now that the lead isn't in the way but it is more likely Beckie will require open-heart surgery some time in the future to repair or replace the valve.
We will have another heart ultrasound in 3 months to see if it is getting better or worse.
Thanks for praying that the valve starts functioning correctly over the next year so a new surgery isn't necessary.
- May 31: Prayer and send off service for us at Laurelwood Baptist Church in Vancouver.
- June 25: Our planned departure date for Taiwan
- Beckie's tricuspid valve to start functioning better over time now that old pacemaker lead has been removed.
- Beckie's mom came home yesterday and Beckie's sister, Jennie will be with us there to help.
- a quick completion of the work on our home. We are having the kitchen cabinets replaced and new flooring put in. We've run into a few snags and like to not have any more pop up.
- God's continued provision for our financial needs. This will be our last term (2 to 4 years) with Morrison Academy. (We are about $830/month short of being fully supported.)
Thanks for your continued prayers, support and encouragement!
Dwight and Beckie