Those were not words we expected ...
Dear <<First Name>>,
On October 7th, Beckie's doctor informed her that she has a moderately to severely damaged tricuspid value, an enlarged heart, and the beginning stages of heart failure. We are in the research stage to get questions answered and see what options are available. We will keep you informed as we learn more.
This has been a reminder to us that, with or without medical news, our days are numbered. Which begs the question: How do we "number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom" and leave behind a godly legacy when our time comes to go home? We are grateful for the reminder to live each day intentionally.
In other news, we spent a total of about 24 hours last month getting trained to be marriage coaches for MarriageTeam. It is a great organization dedicated to helping marriages succeed. From their website:
"Many couples report that coaching was more effective for them because each session results in new tools and specific agreements on what to do differently to get different results. Coaches don’t give advice. Coaches help couples create mutual accountability for the changes they want."
Requests (continued from last month):
- We need your prayers as we learn as much as we can about Beckie's heart condition and if there are any effective treatments available.
- I am scheduling regular meetings with several men. Pray that our times together will mutually encourage us to strive toward living more Christ-like.
- Pray that I will speak Biblical principles to men's groups and youth groups over the course of this year.
- Pray for Malia as she continues her program in Australia with YWAM and prepares for her mission outreach trip in December.
- Morrison Academy is having a number of key people leaving at the end of this year. Pray for the administration that they will be led to the right staff for the next few years.
- Pray that we will be completely funded for what will likely be our last 4 years at Morrison when we head back to Taiwan in June. (We have 79% of our needed support which leaves us about $1600/month short)
Thanks for your continued prayers, support and encouragement!
Dwight and Beckie