Dear <<First Name>>,
We made it back to Taiwan! Even the vita-mix made it. It got an extra security check in Portland to make sure we couldn't use the blades in it as a weapon.
We are working on getting over jet-lag and moving our things from storage into our first apartment since 1980.
Getting into the back of the truck we used for moving I slipped and split open my shin to the bone so I got a break for the rest of the day while friends took over unloading the truck while I got to go get stitches and a tetanus shot. I'm using the time with my leg up to write this. My injury does complicate things a bit, as we have not finished moving all of our stuff from storage to our new apartment.
Lots of change for us this year:
- moving from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment
- running stairs 7 floors to get home (or take the elevator if I'm in a hurry or have a wounded leg)
- no kids at home
- new classes and responsibilities (Java programming, AV production, Algebra, tech coordinator and resource for tech problems)
- For the first time all high school students will have their own notebook computer in all their classes.
- our transition back Morrison and Taiwan including living in a new place
- Dwight's preparation for new classes
- Beckie's mom's health to continue improving
- Beckie's tricuspid valve to start functioning better over time now that old pacemaker lead has been removed.
- God's continued provision for our financial needs. This will be our last term (2 to 4 years) with Morrison Academy. (We are $621/month short of being fully supported.)
Thanks for your continued prayers, support and encouragement!
Dwight and Beckie