Dear <<First Name>>,
The big change for us in the last month has been figuring out what heart issues Dwight may have after experiencing some chest and neck discomfort when exercising. A parent, and former Morrison graduate, is the international patient coordinator at a hospital here so he has walked us through everything and given us the VIP treatment. So far, Dwight has had a treadmill stress test that showed a potential problem so that was followed by a nuclear stress test that showed ischemia in the right front of the heart.
Dwight was scheduled for an angiogram and potentially an angioplasty this last Friday. After going over all the data again the cardiologist thought there were potentially false positives on the stress tests and suggested doing a Cardiac Computer Tomography Scan before moving to the more invasive angiogram. We took him up on that and within a week we should know if Dwight will need angioplasty or continue treatment with exercise, diet and medicine.
We do like the medical care here. All of the above treatments, including a number of long visits with the cardiologist, have cost less than $530. The CT scan was $500 of that amount as it wasn't covered by the Taiwan insurance.
School is going well and Dwight is really enjoying the students in his classes. Because the AV class didn't have enough students Dwight picked up an Algebra 1 class. In January, he is again scheduled to teach an AV class and will probably keep the Algebra class as well but the school is still working on next semester's schedule.
Prayer Requests & Updates:
- Wisdom in dealing with Dwight's heart issues.
- Pray that Dwight does a good job of helping each student learn their best.
- Pray for Beckie as she meets with and serves younger moms.
- Christmas will be busy and fun with most of our family returning including Andrea's in-laws.
- Leah and our grandsons will visit for 6 weeks in February and March
- We will have a short, 2 month home assignment next summer and need to start planning for that.
Thanks for your continued prayers, support and encouragement!
Dwight and Beckie