Beckie's Is Out Of Surgery!
Dear <<First Name>>,
Here are links to information on the surgeons:
Beckie came through the 2 hour surgery well. They took out the broken old lead and left the current pacemaker and leads. Unfortunately, her tricuspid valve function hasn't improved yet. The surgeon told us that it might improve over time and we need to continue to monitor for symptoms of right sided heart failure (water retention, ankle swelling, liver problems and shortness of breath). We may still be looking at a valve repair or replacement sometime in the future. At this point it isn't anything that would keep us from returning to Taiwan on June 25th as planned.
Thanks for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated!
If you would like to learn more about Beckie's surgery, the hospital has an article including the doctor, an explanation of the surgery and an animation of the procedure.
- May 31: Prayer and send off service for us at Laurelwood Baptist Church in Vancouver.
- June 25: Our planned departure date for Taiwan
- Beckie's tricuspid valve to start functioning better over time now that old pacemaker lead has been removed.
- Beckie's mom as she needed to return to the hospital on Sunday. She is weak, with nausea and little appetite. The latest report is that she will go home later today.
- a quick completion of the work on our home. We are having the kitchen cabinets replaced and new flooring put in. We've run into a few snags and like to not have any more pop up.
- God's continued provision for our financial needs. This will be our last term (2 to 4 years) with Morrison Academy. (We are about $830/month short of being fully supported.)
Thanks for your continued prayers, support and encouragement!
Dwight and Beckie