|PSAC BC Regional Newsletter for November 2015
Jump to: News and Political Action | Education | Meetings and Events
News and Political Action
- Election 2015: looking back and looking forward - a message from REVP Bob Jackson.
- Canadians voted for change, PSAC calls on new Parliament to restore public services and repair relations with federal public service employees - Robyn Benson says the new government has a strong mandate for change.
- PSAC congratulates Scott Brison on his appointment as President of the Treasury Board Secretariat and looks forward to working together to restore public services and improve working conditions for public sector workers - more at the national website.
PSAC in the news
PSAC racially visible members: take the survey
- The first PSAC regional conferences for racially visible members will take place next year. To prepare, we have developed a survey seeking input from members who self-identify as racially visible. More info at the national website.
- Bargaining with most of our government units is on hold while the new government gets organized - we'll keep you up to date.
- Parks: your team has exchanged demands with the employer. More here.
- CRA: we are hoping to be in contact with the CRA in the very near future to start the process of returning to the table to have meaningful negotiations - a message from Robert Campbell, UTE National President.
- Swissport fuelers and supervisors at YVR: bargaining is underway, check with a member of your Local Executive for updates.
Fall Course Schedule
Alliance Facilitator Training - January 15-17 - details & registration
Understanding and Interpreting the Collective Agreement - Victoria - November 7
Local Officers Course - Vancouver - November 21/22
Creating Respectful Workplaces - November 21/22
More information about these courses at the website. Apply for online here.
Meetings and Events
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
Rally: Canada is ready for The Leap - November 5th, 12 noon, Jack Poole Plaza - join PSAC BC, other Unions and community groups to rally for a Canada based on caring for each other and the planet. Join author and activist Naomi Klein, CUPE National President Paul Moist and others, as well as special musical guests. Info here.
December 6th is National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women - PSAC members are organizing events in Abbotsford, Vancouver and Victoria.
Vancouver Area Council Meeting - November 17th
Victoria Regional Womens Committee - November 18th
Okanagan Area Council & Human Rights Committee meeting & community building event - November 21
Victoria Area Council Meeting - November 25
Northern Regional Womens Committee Meeting - December 4th
Mainland Human Rights Committee - December 8th
More information on all of these events at the calendar.
Thanks for reading *|FNAME|*!
PSAC Vancouver Regional Office
604 430 5631 | 1 800 663 1655
psacbc.com | facebook.com/psacbc | twitter.com/psacbc
Do you have news or know of an event that may be of interest to PSAC members? Got feedback on the newsletter? Just want to say hi? Email me back.