WELCOME TO June 2012
How to Eat Chocolate and Still Lose Weight
Week 7 of Slim for Summer - Change Your Meal Time Habits
Helping Children deal with Anxiety
Quit Now or Pay £50 for a Packet of 20?
This is for all of you chocolate lovers out there, who are working hard to lose weight and keep it off. As you know, I am a Specialist Weight Loss Coach (Hypnotherapist and NLP Coach) and I advocate losing weight without the pain of dieting, and being able to eat normal, healthy food on an 80/20 principle. No food is banned and you do not have to deprive yourself. This means that 80% of the time, you will be eating gorgeous, yummy, healthy, normal food and the remaining 20% of the time, you can indulge in snacks that are not considered so healthy. Chocolate falls into this category. If you are eating chocolate every day and are craving chocolate, then you probably have an underlying issue that I can help you resolve. However, once this is dealt with you can still enjoy a chocolate treat once in a while without piling on the pounds. If you are looking for a chocolatey treat then some of the suggestions below will allow you to have your chocolate and still keep those pounds off!
Note please: this list does comes with a warning…none of these treats have health benefits nor zero calories, so the best advice is enjoy in "moderation".
1. Chocolate rice cakes (56 calories)
One rice cake contains 56 calories and 3g of sugar. Considering an average chocolate digestive weighs in with 85 calories and over 5g of sugar, replacing your dunking digestive with a slimline chocolate rice cake is a clever swap.
2. Options hot chocolate (40 calories)
A regular mug of hot chocolate typically contains around 100 calories, while Options hot chocolate makes a tasty and calorie saving alternative of 60 calories. A lovely yummy treat especially if the weather is a bit damp and wet.
3. Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. (140 calories)
Forget the slab of chocolate fudge cake or a calorific chocolate cheesecake. A much healthier and lower calorie option is strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate. Ten strawberries dipped in 4 squares of melted chocolate is a dessert lover’s dream at just 140 calories.
4. Chocolate raisins (105 calories)
Small, but a satisfying way to indulge your sweet tooth. One ounce or 25g of chocolate raisins contains 105 calories.
5. Milky way bar (98 calories)
Chocolate bars are every dieter’s enemy! They look innocent and relatively small…yet one bar seems to automatically add inches to the hips. Well there are a few out yummy ones which are relatively low in calories. A mini milky way bar has 98 calories, about a third less than a typical chocolate bar.
As I write this month's newsletter the sun is trying to peak out from the clouds. It is only a few weeks now until the children break up for their Summer holidays, and we will all be looking forward to our own holidays, if we are lucky enough to have one booked. I am looking forward to a family trip to Cornwall and a spot of surfing at Watergate bay. I know that several of my female clients are getting excited at the prospect of getting into their swimsuits and bikinis and feeling confident (for some of them it will be the first time in a good few years!) about looking good in their swimwear. So congratulations to them.... you know who you are and I want to see the pics when you get back!
Whatever you have planned for Summer, have fun.
With warm wishes,