1. First Friday : Everyone's A Winner | September 6 from 6 - 10pm
2. Elsewhere Goes to [City] Market | September 19 from 5 - 9pm
3. Queerly Beloved Book Club | September 26 at 630pm
4. Tomorrow : Fundraising Extravaganza | September 28
1. Artist Talks | Thursdays at 830pm ($1 / free for members)
2. Weekly Tours | Saturdays at 4pm ($5 / free for members)
3. Members' Dinners | Thursdays at 730pm ($5 / members, RSVP to kitchen)
4. Museum Open | Wednesday til Saturday from 1pm to 10pm ($1 / free for members)
1. Jillian Mayer (Miami, FL)
- Southern Constellations Fellow
2. Katie Ford (Pittsburg, PA)
3. Bronwen Moen (Montreal QC, Canada)
4. Daniel Dean (Minneapolis, MN)
5. Bridget Beck (Culver City, CA)
6. Kirsty Robertson (London, ON, Canada)
1. (Mis)guided Museum Tour | Emma Reaves
2. Ambivert : Section (1,2,3) | sleeper
3. Untitled (Ribbon Room Immersion) | Casey Middaugh
4. Blue Yonder | Ashley Yeo
5. Untitled (Legend) | Nikita Gale
6. SomewhereElse + Magnitude | Thomas Choinacky
7. Eavesdropper | Oakley Tapola
8. The Great Reconomy | Greg Bloom
9. Duets | Clint Sleeper
10. Wood Library | Elsewhere Building Department
1. Buy your Tomorrow ticket: Fundraising Extravaganza on Sept. 28
2. Become a member now, double your support from F4DC, & attend Tomorrow!
3. Schedule a creative retreat or tour for your class, organization, or group.
4. Do you document and organize things? Apply for a fall internship.
5. Participate in DanceLab this fall with Elsewhere's CoLab
1. Newsletter goes monthly, stay up to date with events at Elsewhere.
2. This month in photos elsewhere
3. Fresh videos on Vimeo. Elsewhere artists
AND A SPECIAL NOTE
To you, our friends and family celebrating Rosh Hashanah, we wish you a wonderful and healthy new year. Le'shana Tova and may this year be full of blessings. Enjoy this Rosh Hashanah remix of a muppet classic
MORE ABOUT EVENTS
1. It's an Elsewhere First Friday Opening in Downtown Greensboro featuring new works by visiting artists.
To try on and try out:
- (Mis)guided Museum Audio Tour by Emma Reaves
Click here to download the tour for your smartphone
- Ambivert Helmets by sleeper
- Hole to China : Connect with the other side of the world with Lu Xu
- Portal Articulation by Jazz Leeb
- Beauty Regime by Michelle Murphy
- Ribbon Room Immersion by Casey Middaugh
- Interventions and Research with Jeannette Petrik :
What is an Elsewhere? What will it be in the future?
- Mark time with a Human Cuckoo Clock.
- Tell stories about the near and distant future. Future forecasting.
- Who will you be Tomorrow? Wear your best Tomorrow attire.
Get ready to celebrate Tomorrow on September 28. Don't wait. Buy your tickets to the best party of the year online
or at the Front Desk of the museum.
2. Get saucy with Elsewhere at this edition of the City Market, Downtown Greensboro's open air market happening every 3rd Thursday off South Elm Street.
3. Queerly Beloved is a book club that meets on a monthly basis to read and discuss books primarily written for, by, or about LGBTQ people of color. Queerly Beloved is also notably Elsewhereâ€™s first monthly book club.
Contact April Parker at email@example.com for more information.
4. The countdown has started for Tomorrow, Elsewhere's annual fundraising extravaganza on Saturday, September 28th at 8pm. Celebrate the near future with a 3-floor party, performance, playground, and first ever Elsewhere Art Sale. Featuring treats by Table 16, open bar, live music + DJs, and installations throughout activated by 10 years of Elsewhere artists.
Music + Performances by:
- Invisible Collective
- Banana Lazuli
- Body Games
- Annalise Stalls & friends
- UNCG Tuba Ensemble
- D. Starport
- Porch Noise Complaint, an old-time string band
- Anam Cara Theater Collective of Asheville
- and much more!
Tomorrow sponsors will enjoy a preview of the Art Sale at 6pm the night of the 28th, with the party opening full swings at 8pm. Elsewhere's First-Ever Art Sale and Auction will feature works for sale by 10 years of Elsewhere artists representing global locales such as Jakarta, London, Miami, Minneapolis, and of course Greensboro.
Beat the clock, buy your Tomorrow Sponsorships & Tickets today.