1. The Compartment Store | Suzy Kopf
2. The Urban Explorer's Guide to the Elsewhere Commonwealth | April Bartlett
3. Elsewhere Oracle | Monica Lacey
1. Gwen Frisbie-Fulton of the Interactive Resource Center with StoryScapes: Mapping the Narratives of Space in Downtown Greensboro
2. Alyzza May with Cakalak Thunder: Amplifying Stories of the Streets
1. synerG on Tap at Elsewhere | Tonight from 5:30pm to 8pm
2. Play CITY: Dejeuner sur le pop-up park | Friday, May 10 from 7pm - 10pm
1. Become a member now and double your support on Power2Give!
2. Share your story of Elsewhere for the StoryBank Story of the Day.
3. Apply for a summer design internship.
4. Schedule a creative retreat for your class, organization, or group.
1. Peter Pendergrass (Oakland, CA)
2. James Huckenpaher (Washington, D.C.)
3. Joan C. Vordenbruggen (Minneapolis, MN)
4. Jenny Lee Craig (Vancouver, BC)
5. Samantha Persons (Champaign, IL)
1. Artist Talks | Thursdays at 8:30pm ($1 / free for members)
2. Weekly Tours | Saturdays at 4:00pm ($5 / free for members)
3. Members' Dinners | Thursdays at 7:30pm ($5 / members)
4. Museum Open | Wednesday til Saturday from 1pm to 10pm ($1 / free for members)
1. Join synerG Young Professionals tonight at Elsewhere for the May On Tap Event. This special edition of synerG On Tap offers a unique introduction or re-introduction to the museum and as they say, drinks are on you and connections are on us.
1. More than 100 picnic-goers gathered together in support of storytelling projects last Friday at Greensboro PICNIC. A micro-granting public supper held at Elsewhere, diners enjoyed a locally-sourced meal and cast their vote to fund a worthy project. 13 projects were presented and $750 was raised.
The first place winner at $500 was Gwen Frisbie-Fulton of the Interactive Resource Center with StoryScapes: Mapping the Narratives of Space in Downtown Greensboro. The second place winner at $250 was Alyzza May with Cakalak Thunder: Amplifying Stories of the Streets.
The event is free to attend. Grab a Story Tour for $5.
2. For this episode of play, enjoy springtime in the CITY and the natural grandeur of Elsewhere's indoor pop-up park. Picnicing lovers, park rangers, bird watchers, nature communers, plein-air painters, Manet inspired scandalizers and that annoying guy with the boom box are all encouraged characters.
CITY is a game of play-pretend the re-imagines the museum as a bustling urban metropolis complete with a button currency and all the overhanded and underhanded deals that inflect local politics, business, and culture. Join us as whoever you want for as long as you want. Come in costume or just as you are.
This event is free with your $1 donation to the museum.