|Dear Maharajas, Prabhus and Didis,
Hare Krishna. All Glories to Śrī Śri Guru and Gauranga. Please accept our humble dandavat praṇāmas.
We hope you are doing well in your sādhana-bhajana and health.
As you know, February 11, 2021 is the Centennial Vyāsa-pūjā of our most worshipful Śrīla Gurudeva, nitya-līlā-praviṣṭa oṁ viṣṇupāda aṣṭottara-śata Śrī Śrīmad Bhaktivedānta Nārāyaṇa Gosvāmī Mahārāja.
While it is true that we perform Guru-pūjā every day and Vyāsa-pūjā every year, the centennial Vyāsa-pūjā, a once-in-a-hundred-year event, affords us a very special opportunity to collectively offer our heartfelt homages and prayers to Śrīla Gurudeva.
We have all noticed the wonderful efforts of many teams working toward broadcasting Śrīla Gurudeva’s glories to the world on the occasion of his Centennial: the Audio Seva team, two documentary teams, book distribution teams in several countries, a Gaudiya kīrtana app team, study groups to inspire each other to more deeply understand Śrīla Gurudeva’s books, and other wonderful efforts that we are not even aware of.
For ten years we have been bereft of Śrīla Gurudeva’s physical presence. In those years his disciples and grand-disciples have experienced his ceaseless reciprocation in their efforts to progress in bhakti, and they have developed increasingly powerful appreciations of him – his teachings, his qualities, and his extraordinary mission. Devotees are eager to offer these realizations at Śrīla Gurudeva’s lotus feet and also share those offerings with others.
Therefore, the Centennial Team is humbly inviting all dīksā disciples, sikśā disciples, grand-disciples and others whose lives have been touched by Śrīla Gurudeva to write a Vyāsa-pūjā offering describing their realizations and appreciations of Śrīla Gurudeva’s glories, mercy and contributions. When devotees share realizations, experiences and insights unique to them, it helps all of us contemplate Śrīla Gurudeva’s glories in a new and deeper manner. This in turn will help us increase our commitment to him and to the path of vraja-bhakti he revealed. It will strengthen and deepen our faith that Śrīla Gurudeva’s relationship with us can flourish, even in his absence.
In this way, the devotee community will be blessed, and disciples, grand disciples and followers of Śrīla Gurudeva will be united in offering puṣpañjali at his lotus feet.
This fragrant bouquet of the devotees’ love and heartfelt offerings will be presented at the lotus feet of Śrīla Gurudeva in the form of a beautiful Vyāsa-pūjā website that will be made public on the Centennial Vyāsa-pūjā day (February 11, 2021).
Guidelines for writing the Vyāsa-pūjā offering -
- Language – English or Hindi are preferred languages. However, if you can’t write in either of these, please send in your offering in your language.
- Length – There is no word or page limit. You are free to write from your heart.
- Format – You can either type the offering in a Word document or simply type it in the body of an email. Please do not send handwritten offerings.
- Photographs – If you have one or two photographs of Śrīla Gurudeva (either with or without you) that you would like posted along with your offering, please send them as attachments to the email. Please limit the number of photographs to two and ensure they are clear and of reasonable resolution.
Submission Guidelines -
- Deadline – November 15th, 2020
- How to submit – You can submit in two ways:
- Online Form – This is being designed and will be made available before the end of September.
- Email – You can email your offering to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include your name, country and the language in which the offering has been written. For example, [Sub: From - Vraja Kishore Das; South Africa; English]
Please share this announcement with others in your sanga and encourage them to write a Vyāsa-pūjā offering.
Eagerly anticipating receiving your written appreciation of our beloved Śrīla Gurudeva.
Jaya Śrīla Gurudeva!
Aspiring for the service of Śrīla Gurudeva and the Vaiṣṇavas,
Śrīla Gurudeva Centennial Team
❝ O servitors of Śrī Guru, it is you who are the true worshippers of vyāsa-pūjā. Please bestow your merciful glance upon me. Please do not neglect me upon seeing my worthlessness, but kindly engage me in service through glorification of Śrī Guru and Gaurāṅga. This is my heartfelt prayer at your lotus feet. ❞
Śrīla Bhakti Prajñāna Keśava Gosvāmī Mahārāja’s Prabandhāvalī