We're thrilled to announce a new date and location for the launch event for Three Types of Reading Ambiguity, Esopus's Fall 2015 limited-edition artwork by musician Charles Bissell (The Wrens) and artist Beth Campbell.
THREE TYPES OF READING AMBIGUITY LAUNCH
FEATURING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CHARLES BISSELL
MONDAY, DECEMBER 14TH, 7 TO 9 PM
PERFORMANCE AT 8 PM
BETH CAMPBELL STUDIO
BROOKLYN NAVY YARD, BUILDING 3, SUITE 401
63 FLUSHING AVENUE, BROOKLYN, NY
This rescheduled event will be held at Beth Campbell's studio (pictured above), which played a crucial role in her contribution to the project. We're particularly excited to announce that Charles Bissell will perform a set of songs, including "Three Types of Reading Ambiguity," the Wrens' single that forms the basis for the Esopus edition, in the studio starting at 8pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Owing to Brooklyn Navy Yard security protocol and the limited amount of space in Beth's studio, THIS IS AN RSVP-ONLY EVENT.
Make sure to RSVP by Monday, December 7th. Please provide full names and email addresses for each attendee, and don't forget to bring a picture ID along with you on the 14th.
This is going to be an amazing event—we hope you can join us!
ABOUT THREE TYPES OF READING AMBIGUITY
Edition packaging containing lyrics sheet, Beth Campbell artwork, and audio cassette
Esopus's Fall 2015 limited-edition artwork, a collaboration between musician Charles Bissell and artist Beth Campbell, shipped to Premium subscribers in early November. It includes:
- A custom-designed audio cassette including a unique version of “Three Types of Reading Ambiguity,” a brand-new song by Bissell’s lauded band, The Wrens, from their much-anticipated forthcoming album, on one side, and a sonic interpretation of the song, created by Campbell using only objects in her studio and apartment, on the other.
- A 17" x 30" archival lithographic print by Campbell, related to her acclaimed “My Potential Future Based on Present Circumstances” drawing series, inspired by the song and her collaboration with Bissell.
- An 8 1/2" x 27" foldout poster featuring Bissell’s lyrics for the song in their original format
- An insert with statements from both Bissell and Campbell
- A download key to access music, videos, and other exclusive material
Please note that this edition is not for sale, and is available only to Premium subscribers with current subscriptions. Log on to your account to confirm your subscription status and level, or purchase a premium subscription if you're a first-time subscriber. (If you already hold a basic subscription to Esopus but would like to upgrade it for this offer, please contact us at email@example.com.)
You can learn more about the edition on our website or by listening to this preview podcast featuring in-depth interviews with Bissell and Campbell.