ANN ARBOR, MI
– Due to the serious situation regarding the spreading of Coronavirus (COVID-19), The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide
) has announced a reduced service schedule.
“We understand that people still have to get to work, medical appointments and grocery shopping and it’s important for us to be there for them,” Matt Carpenter, CEO of TheRide said. “However, we want to do our part in helping stop the spread of COVID-19 by reducing our schedules and taking other precautionary methods like closing our transit centers and suspending fare collection. Further service adjustments will be implemented as circumstances demand.”
Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, TheRide’s service reductions are:
- There will be no service on Route 63 (U-M - Pontiac) or Route 41 (EMU College of Business Shuttle)
- Route 4 (Washtenaw) service will be reduced to every 15-30 minutes mornings/afternoons and every 30 minutes evenings. There will be no 4B service. Service will operate from 6:08 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Route 62 (U-M - State) service will be reduced to every 30 minutes with trips leaving Wolverine Tower at :15 and :45 minutes past the hour. Service will operate from 6:45 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Service on AirRide, direct service to Detroit Metro Airport from the Blake Transit Center has been suspended until further notice
In addition to reduced schedules, TheRide has already temporarily suspended the collection of fares on its fixed-routes and demand response services and temporarily closed to the public the Ypsilanti Transit Center, Blake Transit Center and TheRide’s front desk at 2700 S. Industrial Highway. The above steps will continue for a weekly rolling period and will be reassessed daily.
To stay up to date on our service visit TheRide.org
or call 734-996-0400 to talk to an Information Specialist for route information, reservations for A-Ride and other business-related questions during normal business hours.
- All vehicles and facilities have been sanitized and disinfected with protocols as recommended by the CDC
- All staff continue to receive a supply of sanitization supplies and are encouraged to follow the CDC’s hygiene guidelines
- TheRide has instituted social distancing among employee work environments, with many staff working remotely, all business travel canceled, and in-person meetings discouraged
TheRide remains dedicated to the health and safety of its riders and employees and reminds riders and employees of healthy habits from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and if you are sick
- Stay home when you are sick, if possible. This helps prevent spreading your illness to others
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often to help keep germs away. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available in the Ride Guide, at (734) 996-0400, and on TheRide.org
The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) was chartered in 1969 by the City of Ann Arbor, Michigan, as a not-for-profit unit of government. TheRide operates the local public transit system for the greater Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area, enabling the area’s residents to reach their destinations at reasonable cost, and offers the region efficient, environmentally sound transportation alternatives. For more information, please visit TheRide.org.
E-mail and text message updates on bus routes, schedules, detours and other news from TheRide are available by free subscription to MyAlerts at TheRide.org.
Connect with TheRide on Facebook.com/CatchTheRide, Twitter.com/CatchTheRide, YouTube.com/CatchTheRide, and Instagram.com/catchtheride/.