|St James Web page click here
Neighbor Day Celebration
Our annual St. James Neighbor Day event consists of three parts: one part fundraising, one part education, and one part entertainment.
Nearly 100 years of
Neighbors helping neighbors
The time to ACT is NOW!
Saturday, October 17
We are all familiar with the fundraising part, where we all get to bid on precious gifts donated by generous neighbors and neighborhood businesses during our three-week online auction. We also know all the proceeds support the work of St. James ministries of service outreach to our neighbors.
This email is about the "edutainment" portion of our celebration - the three-hour livestream event that will take place on Saturday, October 17, 5 pm - 8 pm.
This event will provide a unique opportunity to educate our community about the work performed by the St. James ministries, including details about the specific services offered and stories about how our neighbors are impacted.
The event will also provide a wonderfully warm opportunity to learn more about each other and be entertained by some of our diverse interests, hobbies, and talents.
This year, we can all work together on this event, even as we "keep our distance" from one another.
If you can think of ways you can contribute photos or video content to be included in some of the video compilations we are producing for this event, please contact me right away! Email Kevin Jeske-Polyak at: email@example.com.
- Some of us can share our heartwarming stories about the ministries we serve.
- Some of us can share our refined instrumental music talents.
- Some of us can share our delightful vocal talents through lovely songs.
- Some of us can share our beautiful art creations.
- Some of us can share our favorite fun family photos.
- Some of us know how to incorporate these things into shared short videos.
- of us enjoy watching shared videos, especially when we cannot be together.