Retail Manager wanted!
The People’s Republic Of Stokes Croft is a radical art-based collective whose work in enabling social change is largely funded by the sale of china and art produced in our workshops.
We are re-assessing our shop and website policies and need a committed community activist with retail experience to manage our shop/gallery and help develop our online and wholesale activities through this period of massive change in the retail environment.
PRSC operates a philosophy of We Make Our Own Future. The successful applicant must aspire to this ambition.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff (including volunteers). Organising shop volunteer roster
- Marketing and liaising with PRSC media crew
- Being financially capable and able to maintain statistical and financial records
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Setting sales targets and growing the business
- Working in the physical shop and helping develop online sales which are a growing part of the business
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Liaising with china workshop and print workshop and reporting to directors
This role would particularly suit a young person with suitable qualifications, or a more experienced person returning to work. Support and training will be given, but the ability to work independently is essential.
Starting salary: £17,000 for a 37.5 hour week. Four weeks holiday. Three-month trial.
PRSC is an equal opportunities organisation.
View the PRSC mission statement »
How to Apply
Please email CV and covering statement to email@example.com with PRSC Job in the subject line or post to:
People’s Republic Of Stokes Croft
35 Jamaica Street
Closing date for applications: August 17, 2020. Interviews will be held in early September.