Use dehydrator or low temperature oven.
4 pattypan squash
1 tomato, small (chopped)
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup cashews
1 teaspoon pine nuts
1/2 chili pepper, seeded and chopped (use less to tone down spiciness)
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 Tablespoon basil, fresh
1/2 clove garlic - chopped
1 teaspoon maple syrup (grade B or your favorite sweetener)
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (scant)
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
your favorite sprouts (I like sunflower seed shoots)
1. Slice of bottoms of squash so they sit flat. Remove stems from tops.
2. Scoop out meat (remove any large seeds), and set aside.
3. Rub inside and outside with a VERY small amount of olive or coconut oil. Dehydrate on mesh tray at 110 degrees F for 2 hours.
(Option: If you are transitioning, and still eat some cooked food, place on baking tray in oven at 200 degrees F for 20 minutes or so) - Remove and let cool to room temperature.
1. Blend squash meat with remaining ingredients until creamy.
Note: This mixture makes a great dip for crackers, veggies and corn chips.
1. Fill each squash with several spoonfuls of Stuffing.
2. Place on mesh sheets and dehydrate for 2 hours at 110 degrees F.
3. During last hour, spread corn kernels on a non-stick sheet and dehydrate up to 1 hour (if frozen).
4. Fill each squash with corn kernels and return to dehydrator for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Serve as is or with a delightful salad.
Yield: 4 Stuffed Squash