|December 2011 Newsletter
- Issue 7
I wanted to take this time to wish all of you and your families a very happy Holiday season. Whether you are celebrating Hanukkah or Christmas, Kwanzaa, or any other holiday...open up your hearts fully and experience this time with JOY! While I am missing my Mom terribly on this very first holiday season without her, I am finding a special place in my heart for those that are in my life. My GrandPrincess will be spending Christmas with us and I'm so looking forward to seeing the JOY on her face as she comes down the stairs Christmas morning to see what Santa has left for her under Mum Mum's tree.
From our home...to yours....Merry Christmas, Happy
As the Matriarch of the family, I get to cook. My family is expecting certain "Traditional" recipes and I've decided to prepare these with LOVE and GRATITUDE! I refuse to feel guilty or anxious about preparing these foods. The season for me, is all about LOVE and until my loved ones desire to change their own way of life, it is not my place to force it upon them. I will, however, include lots of wonderful RAW treats like Cranberry Kale Chips and my latest creation, Egg Nog Kale Chips. (see photo). We'll have a lovely RAW Cranberry Relish, a huge salad, and lots of other raw treats! It will be a loving blend of cultures and lifestyles.
ENJOY this time. LOVE the people you are with...and mostly LOVE yourself.
Hanukkah , Happy Holidays...and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to you all! I look forward to some exciting things in the coming year that that I will be sharing with you.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - Living "Egg" Nog for the Holiday Season
- Special Bonus: Our Friends @ Medicine Flower are offering a special for Rawfully Tempting Friends. Mention "Rawfully Tempting" in Shipping Comments, and Medicine Flower will include a FREE Bonus Sample with any purchase.If there is a flavor you've been dying to try - request it as your sample, or check out some of their other amazing products! Thank you Medicine Flower!!! Check their site for CLOSED dates, as they will be closed through the holiday season.
I thought it might be nice to come up with a living egg nog that "the kids" would enjoy and would be decadent, delicious and nutritious.
Living No-Egg Nog
Ingredients for Nut Milk
1/2 cup almonds (soaked overnight and peeled)
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
2 cups water
3 Medjool Dates (pitted) (optional..increase sweetener if not using)
3 Tbsp *Irish moss paste (click on link) or 1/2 ripe avocado
2 Tbsp WHITE chia seeds (ground) -dark will darken color, but can be used.
1 tsp vanilla extract (or 3 drops *Medicine Flower Vanilla Extract)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp maple syrup (grade B or your favorite sweetener)
1 pinch sea salt
1 drop Medicine Flower Rum Extract ( or 1/3 tsp liquid extract) optional)
1. Blend almonds and macadamia nuts with water until creamy. Strain in nut milk bag or cheesecloth to remove pulp. (Save pulp for other recipes. )
2. Blend milk with remaining ingredients.
3. Option: make this a Green Eggnog by adding some kale or greens.
4. Add several ice cubes and blend to chill.
5. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with cinnamon and grated nutmeg, and serve.
*Tip: I took the last batch of Irish Moss paste
and froze it in ice cube trays and stored in a glass container. This way, whenever I need it, it is readily available. So far, it seems to have worked quite well.
**Mention Rawfully Tempting in the Shipping Comments, and Medicine Flower will include a Special Bonus Sample with any order. Don't forget these extracts are super concentrated, so a little goes a very long way!
***Please remember that Facebook has not lifted it's 5000 Friend limit, so at this time, I'm not able to accept any Friend Requests. I am also not able to LIKE any new pages.
As an alternative, please feel free to LIKE my Rawfully Tempting Page, where you will find links to the majority of my recipes, along with comments, photos, discussions, and valuable tips.
Feedback is ALWAYS appreciated, so if you've followed any of my Rawfully Tempting recipes and would like to let others know (and me) about your experience...this would be the place. I really look forward to hearing some of YOUR comments.
- Demos and Classes: Please check the Services Tab on my website to see what classes and demos are available. Please contact me for more information. We can customize any class to fit your needs. I will also consider traveling for classes and demos. Contact me for details.
Check out Rawfully Tempting's Living Kitchen for some exciting new videos for your viewing pleasure...to be coming this year. If there is something in particular you would like to see, please feel free to contact me.
Laura Fox - BEST OF RAW - 2011 - Nomination Time
Click on "Nominate Now" and fill in the survey, submitting your all time favorites for each category.
In the near future, it will be your turn to VOTE VOTE VOTE....Support the lovely people in this community that
offer their amazing talents in so many areas. Thank you for your support!!!
We Hope You Have a Rawfully Tempting™ HOLIDAY!