We are excited to be writing to you today, on #GivingTuesday 2019, and we want you to know that we deeply appreciate your support - large or small.
You have helped A Living Library bring positive ecological and social change through community involvement in several neighborhoods and schools in San Francisco and New York City.
With your generous contributions, we have:
• Developed Master Plans for diverse San Francisco & NYC sites that led to transformation of barren, concrete, asphalt, or underused urban landscapes into vital, multi-benefit, Ecological Learning Landscapes that help mitigate flooding, address climate change, create habitat for wildlife, provide community & school education for thousands of children and adults, plus more.
• Provided FREE Organic Gardening & CA Native Plant Classes & Workshops for all ages in NYC & San Francisco: promoting urban agriculture, farm-to-table, environmental & social justice, storm & underground water reuse, watershed rejuvenation, interconnected communities & other related systemic issues.
• Conducted Year-Round A.L.L. STEAM + Literacy Classes in our beautiful Branch Living Library & Think Park outdoor, themed, Learning Zones for thousands of PreK-12 + College students in SF & NYC.
• Provided Paid internships for Middle School & High School To Age 24 Youth in A.L.L. Green Futures Job Training Program focused on green job skills, stewardship training, sustainable businesses & practices.
• A Goal of A Living Library is to create diverse, place-based, Branch Living Library & Think Parks - locally & globally - to be interconnected - so we can share our planetary commonalities and diversities of cultures & ecologies - near & far.
• To This End:
Please preview A Living Library Internationally:
~ 2019 Exhibition in China of Video with A.L.L. Founder & Director from Venice Biennale Website with Chinese subtitles added
Upcoming A.L.L. International Events:
~ 2020 - Exhibition, Public Talk, A.L.L. Workshop - Lisbon, Portugal
~ 2020 - Public Talk, A.L.L. Workshop - Chongching, China
~ 2020 - Global Education Partnership, United Nations, New York
~ 2020 - A.L.L. Inclusion in 75th Anniversary United Nations Commemorative Journal, United Nations, New York
~ 2021- Exhibition, Public Talk, A.L.L. Workshop - Huesca, Spain
(Please Stay Tuned For More Details)
A.L.L. is made possible with your continued support and participation. Thank you for an extraordinary 2019.
And, A Living Library is looking forward to a transformative 2020 with YOU!
Please consider a donation today. Thank you.
With Gratitude & Love,
Bonnie Ora Sherk
Founder & Director
A Living Library &Life Frames, Inc., non-profit sponsor of A Living Library