So the New Year Classes will be on embracing Self Love
- opening our hearts back to our pure innocence
some examples of kriyas /meditations we will use for this are
resolving inner conflict
for renewed self concept
releasing childhood anger
to understand your goodness
for a calm and open heart centre
so these all work powerfully together to help us embrace self respect, acceptance and self love.
A great way to start a New Year off but also clearing the way for the following theme in Feb / March which will be 8 weeks on manifesting our VISION
to acknowledge, see and keep in our consciousness our own personal goals / visions...
Reminder - there is one class at Hedge End on Thurs 3rd Jan and then the new theme starts when all back to normal schedule Mon 7th Jan
5 Ways to Bring Acceptance Into Your Life Right Now.
by Catalyst Yogi
1. Explore your unique should - it often means you are seeking approval from an outside source such as a parent, authority figure or your community. Start to seek approval only from your higher consciousness. This is your life – stop living someone else’s dream.
2. Learn to accept yourself – warts and all. There are 7 billion humans on the planet and only one of you. It would be boring if we were all the same. ‘Be You’ is the only thing that will work in the Aquarian Age.
3. Accept everything that is going on in your life right now as perfect. Stop resisting what is – there is no good or bad – it is thinking that makes it so. This alone will free a lot of creative energy for you to manifest.
4. Start to look at yourself and the world through the light of your soul. Appreciate your uniqueness and remembering you are a spiritual being having human experiences. Begin practicing loving yourself unconditionally in every moment.
5. Practice the Kundalini Yoga Meditation to Conquer Self-Animosity ( this video can be found on the News page of my website which we did last year - Sharon)
after the season of giving - here's a good article by Kirpal Singh with quotes from Yogi Bhajan on why we should remember to keep giving all year round..
This is a mediation to restore balance and alleviate mental and physical afflictions that cause addictions to substances and emotional needs.
Through giving, slowly and imperceptibly your commitment will deepen, you will grow stronger, more self-assured and happier than you have ever been in your life.
The New Year is also a perfect time to work on our addictions and starting afresh with new healthy habits...
all of us have the tendency to be addicted to something - using any pranayam meditations will be particularly helpful in breaking and creating new habits but here is a link to a video - breaking habitual patterns meditation which you may find useful
Enjoy this prayer written by Yogi Bhajan from "The Game of Love, A Book of Consiousness, The Poems and Art of Yogi Bhajan."
Prayer for a Happy New Year
In God's love for you alone, life unfolds
Like a silken cone unwinds.
And we are all woven, one with God,
Strands of silk,
Sacred and divine.
The drums of war are loud and clear,
But hope of peace is also near.
If the Word of God will lead the people
And compassion will flow with the beat of the heart,
The human race will find its essence.
Let us pray for love of peace.
Let us pray for love of truth.
Let us pray for everyone to pray
For innocent in bondage,
Miles and miles away.
Let us pray for the innocent victims.
Let us pray on the death of the innocents--
Those humans created in the image of God,
Tortured by men with earthly authority,
Actions so far away from morality.
In my prayer
I wish you the wealth of peace
To make beautiful our tomorrow
Where human beings can live in love
Forever free from sorrow.
Life to All, Light to All, Love to All,
for those that really enjoyed working on the ten bodies here is the book Waves of Healing which most of the kriyas and meditations came from its by Dr Siri Atma Khalsa who was one of my teachers in New Mexico and also Yogi Bhajans personal physician.
here is the radiant body kriya on video which we did in week ten
Other interesting news articles
how eating citrus fruits helps breast cancer
A new study has shown for the first time how limonoids, natural compounds present in lemons and other citrus fruit, impede both ER+ and ER- breast cancer cell growth. This sheds new light on the importance of citrus fruit for breast cancer prevention and supports past studies which showed fruit consumption may lower breast cancer risk
Scientific research on how yoga can help with INSOMNIA
REQUEST FOR TESTIMONIALS
Once during the day you should be alone with you. Talk with yourself; understand yourself. Tell yourself your weaknesses, problems and shortcomings and discuss them within you. Then ask for the answers. There is no better way for a woman to develop herself than to analyze herself, put it before herself and ask herself for the answers. There is no better friend, wise person or real thing to ask other than yourself.
I would like to update some of the testimonials on my website and request that if anyone has something to share please just send to me in email to email@example.com - particularly if you have been attending for a while or regularly and are aware of the deeper impact kundalini yoga has had upon you, your life etc......
It really helps for new customers to relate to others actual experience as I'm sure you remember you don't really know what to expect until you come and do your first class !!!
Thanks for all your support in 2012 wishing you a fabulous New Year
Sharon / Sat Meher Kaur
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, June 29, 1988