The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. -- St. Augustine
As I prepare for my journey to France to host two art + yoga retreats followed by time traveling with Le Beau and Le Pug, I am writing to connect with a simple love note and a few updates. Follow our adventures on Twitter, Facebook, Tranquility du Jour, and Instagram (@tranquilitydujour). I hope to provide lots of eye candy, inspiration, and revelations.
Last week I launched into my semi-sabbatical mode with a sense of excitement and trepidation. As my inbox begins to shrink, my creative play increases, and my mind becomes more spacious, I am filled with gratitude for the opportunity to shift gears.
One constant that I'm particularly grateful for is my online connection with so many people I've only "met" through the written words on my blog or books and spoken words on my podcast. This online world offers an incredibly lovely chance to mingle with like-minded souls who are seeking similar treasures in life while leaving a legacy. I love hearing from you via email, on our Facebook page, and in person at various events. It's a true delight to know that so many women from around the globe are interested in living life more mindfully and flairfully.
In closing this quick note, I wanted to share few exciting happenings that I'm over the moon about:
1. Weekly Tranquility du Jour podcasts: while we're in France and many more amazing interviews slated through September. Sneak peek: personal branding, yoga philosophy, hip homemaking, embroidery, terrariums, and more. Be prepared for heaps of inspiration!
2. Tranquilologie: monthly inspiration on eight topics – mindfulness, self-care, nesting, do-gooding, work, style, creativity, and dreams with watercolors interspersed and an mp3 released at the start of each month. Also includes access to a private Facebook group.
3. Tranquility du Jour on the Road: coming to West Virginia for Tranquility Summer Camp in July, a workshop and book signing in Vegas in August, a fall retreat in West Virginia in October, and an amazing journey to India in November. All the details on our events page.
4. Tranquilista Lifestyle E-course: July 11-August 22 is the only offering of this e-course all year. It outlines heaps of inspiration from my second book, Tranquilista: Mastering the Art of Enlightened Work and Mindful Play plus you get a complimentary TranquiliT piece if you do all your OMwork!
5. Animal Rights happening in DC: it's no secret I'm passionate about animals - especially pigs. I've signed up for two animal rights conferences this summer: Taking Action for Animals and Animal Rights conference plus I'm hosting the 20th Year Anniversary Cocktail Party for PIGS on 9/19. SO excited!
May your transition from spring to summer be filled with attention to your breath, creative play, love notes to others, and a deep desire to do good. You are a beautiful soul and you deserve the space to be. Create it. Bisous.
Paris + Provence West Virginia
June 7-16, 2012 July 19-22, 2012 +
ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT! October 12-14, 2012
Info + registration 5 SPOTS LEFT EACH WEEKEND!
Info + registration