Bonjour from my closet-sized executive suite at Tranquil Space.
I hesitate to say this, but I think it's warranted . . . happy hollydaze! They are here, or at least right around the corner, and I'm ready. It's always a special time of the year and I love the sparkles, decor, gratitude, and overall festivities.
This fall has been filled with lots of learning - from grad school classes to five conferences since Labor Day weekend! In addition, I launched the Creative + Conscious Business e-course and fall TranquiliT collection, feel in love with piglet Sumo at Pigs Sanctuary, taught in San Francisco, saw the Degas exhibit at Phillips Collection, shopped vintage in New York, hosted an Art + Yoga retreat at Le Beau's cabin and Tranquil Space retreat for 80 team members, returned to dance class, and celebrated our 5th year for Tranquil Space Foundation. Whew! It's been a fun few months and I'm grateful for all that has transpired. As I type this, I'm noshing on pumpkin seeds and sipping green tea before teaching a yoga class and speaking to a group of local ladies on my five tips of tranquility. Always striving to live what I teach.
Despite a full life that challenges and inspires me daily, I am constantly searching for spaciousness and balance. These days the best ways I'm finding this state is through my yoga practice, creative space, organization of physical space, and lots and lots of hot baths. As we move into this sacred season filled with hustle and bustle, I hope that you, too, will take a moment to create spaciousness and nurture your inner spirit. Take a walk in the woods, sip hot chocolate at a cafe, do legs up the wall, take your journal to an art gallery and sketch, organize your bookshelves, or soak in the tub and let your heart open. We need time to refuel and it's even more critical during the hollydaze. Let your final moments in 2011 be your beautiful vintage bow tied around this year.
I hope you enjoy this fall edition of Tranquility du Jour's Museletter - you'll find a peek at TranquiliT's fall collection, artistic play inspiration, favorite yoga poses, do-gooding tips a la pigs, and savvy sources. If you have any tips or love notes, please pass them along. J'adore hearing from you!
Below are a few upcoming adventures for indulging in tranquilologie and I look forward to connecting in spirit or in person:
1. E-courses = 4-week Tranquility Project e-course begins November 30 and outlines ways to live life fully, with tranquility, and a dash of flair. The four sessions focus on her favorite tranquility tools and are broken out into mind, body, soul, and a combo module. My newest DIY Creative and Conscious Business has launched: you can start that at any time and complete at your own pace. Details here.
2. Classes + Workshops in DC = weekly yoga + meditation classes, hip-hop yoga, and an urban women's retreat. Details here.
3. Yoga + Creativity Retreats = Indulge in yoga, goal setting, meditation, and creative play at a cozy cabin in West Virginia. Details here.
4. Paris + Provence Art + Yoga Retreat = The journey begins with two decadent days spent exploring the City of Lights as your heart desires - tiptoeing through the Tuileries, browsing vintage shops and bookstores, walking along the Seine, indulging at a hamam (Turkish bath), window shopping along the Champs Élysées, visiting Mona Lisa at the Louvre or a favorite Monet at Musée d'Orsay, enjoying a macaron at Ladurée, or sipping a cup of café au lait at one of the countless sidewalk cafés. Each day in Provence will begin with a leisurely breakfast, sun salutations and a creative yoga flow, followed by led art journaling. Details here.
5. Hollyday Tranquilologie Teleclass = Join me for a seasonal one-hour live podcast on December 7 via phone from the comfort of your own home with your journal, cup of tea, and pen in hand. Details here.
This fall we launched our latest collection featuring cornflower blue, cranberry red, and jade green along with new designs such as our romper, ruffle capri, bodysuit and our roomy one-sized caftan and mod tunic. In addition, we continue to add goodies from my travels such as vintage crinolines, slip skirts, and nighties. Kick up your heels, grab some popcorn, watch our fall shoot and shop the collection.
An ideas book. I never leave home without it. It's my trusty companion to workshops, retreats, shopping excursions, and yoga trainings. I jot ideas, inspirations, DIY tips, and to-dos. This collage shows a peek inside my recently retired ideas book that is chock-full with bursts of brainstorming. Pick up business cards, book promos, studio schedules, and tape inside your pint-sized art journal. Consider crafting your own this holiday season and watch the creative sparks fly.
Mingle Magazine: A new Stampington publication on creative ideas for unique gatherings
Tranquility du Jour iPhone + Android app: Get tranquility podcasts on the go
The Artist's Way: This book will change your life. No pressure.
Pinterest: Eye candy galore
White Musk perfume oil: Yummy scent that lingers